Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 2:04:37 PM EDT
I'm currently considering trading for a Lauer Custom Weaponry AR rifle. Does anyone have any experience with this maufacturer?

Also, the lower receiver is marked Military/Government Restricted. Now that the assault weapons ban has expired, is their any disadvantage to owning a gun with these markings?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
LMT makes their Lowers so they are great lowers.

Markings are fine now that the AWB is over....you may get a hassle out of LEOs who are not aware that the markings are pointless (Lawful to own).  Keep a copy of your receipt.

Welcome!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to AR15.com

I think the Lauer LCW lowers are great. And they are made by LMT.

I don't own a LCW rifle yet. But I know Steve Lauer and his shop Lauer Custom Weaponry in Chippewa Falls WI.

Steve Lauer is a great guy,  BIG M16/ AR15 fan and his Duracoat prodcut is great.

Also he said that the LCW lowers are selling like hot cakes.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Edwin and UZI are right on.

The Lauer is A very good product and the markings are meaningless (Legally speaking)

and re: the Duracoat..............awesome!

It would sell for around $150 stripped

(BTW: Is it Lauer that maked LMT or the other way around? )
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Welcome to AR15.comhe
Chris

Its because the situation in California is selling out just about every manufacturer.  In mid december Stag had 960 lowers in stock which were supposed to last them through the first quarter of 2006, within 2 weeks, their inventory was 0.  The factories are turning them out as fast as they can, but from the rough estimates, there have been upwards of 7000 receivers sold in the last month or 2 here in Cali.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top