Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:42:58 AM EDT
I just bought my first AR, used but in good shape. I picked-up a Colt AR-15 A2 HBAR Sporter Serial number SP 22XXXX. I believe that it is a pre-ban rifle (bayonnet lug, flash hider). I am new to ARs but I picked this rifle up for less than $900 at a gunshop. It even came with an original Colt 20 round mag. Was this a good buy? I have not seen a pre-ban Colt AR-15 in a gunshop since the late '80s. I would like to get a shop manual for it and maybe some extra parts? Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Under $900 bucks sounds good to me. Please post pics if you are able. There are tons of links on this site you can use to find parts and manuals. If you have a specific part in mind try doing a search for it.

Do you plan on modifying the rifle any?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome!  Not sure if that was a good buy or not.  I always come here first and do some research before I buy anything.  There are a lot of good resources here. I've saved a lot of money learning from others experience and mistakes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:09:23 AM EDT
[#3]
No, I don't plan on modifying the gun. I just want spare parts if something breaks. How do I post pics? Can I email them to the moderator to post? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No, I don't plan on modifying the gun. I just want spare parts if something breaks. How do I post pics? Can I email them to the moderator to post? Thanks.

I do not have the slightest idea on how to post pics but I enjoy all the pics everyone else knows how to post. I thought I was the only dumbo on here who did not know how to post pics. Hell I do not even have a cell phone or a computer at home to post the pics with. Please dont laugh to hard at me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a very good deal to Me providing all the parts on rifle are Colt. congrats
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#7]
looks alot like mine

which, is actually only ~25% Colt
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good to me for a colt
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top