Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:39:49 AM EDT
I would love to hear from the experiences of anyone who owns the 9mm Carbine any brand.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Colt 6450

Lightweight, Cheap ammo and fun to shoot
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If I ever get my 6450, I'll let you know.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an Olympic 9mm carbine that uses Sten mags.  I love it except for loading the damn Sten mags.  I am waiting on a stripped Colt lower to come in that I am going to SBR and do a 935 sub gun clone.  I also run the 9mm upper on my M-16.  9mm AR's are a blast!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#4]
They are fun, you can use really short barrels and the bullet will still stabilize.  Be sure to get a good mag block (I reccommend the Hahn block).

There is tons of info on 9mm setups in the Rimfire and Pistol Caliber Forum.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#5]
They are really fun to shoot! I shoot indoors at least once a week and shooting an M4 indoors gets old.  I built mine to have a ‘subgun’, something that is relatively quite, inexpensive to shoot and good for close range.  It is quickly becoming one of my favorite guns to shoot.  

Pics and Details
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Pistol Caliber Forum:

linky

I use a complete factory Oly 9mm.  I was at approx. 10K rounds when I broke the extractor.  It was replaced for free, and still ran when it was broken.  I now carry a spare.  The hammer pin broke at around 5K, and Oly sent me 3 replacements, free.  

I use the Sten mags and a Socom block.  I think there are some nicer blocks out there, now.  

I also have a .45 Oly with a PWA lower.  It runs like gangbusters with modified Sten magazines.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Cincinnati and it is much easier for me to go to the local indoor range to shoot a Pistol Caliber Rifle/Carbine than to drive several miles out of town and find a range that will let me shoot rifles as I please. I would get a regular AR-15, but the handgun caliber allows me to shoot 9mm, which is cheap. And cheap is good because I'm on a very limited colllege student income. I haven't used student loans to buy any firearms... yet. I was thinking about getting a 9mm AR in as short as legally possible (pre-SBR) and eventually getting it stamped when I settle down and find a semi-permenant place. Money also limits the tax stamp availablity.  Basically, I'll be getting a 16 (w/flash supressor) M4rgery in 9mm. I can't decide on brand or configuration. Yet. Any recommendations are welcome.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Fun to shoot, cheap ammo, can be used at indoor pistol ranges, what's not to like?

Some picture thread to get you thinking...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=245757

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=261292
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I live in Cincinnati and it is much easier for me to go to the local indoor range to shoot a Pistol Caliber Rifle/Carbine than to drive several miles out of town and find a range that will let me shoot rifles as I please. I would get a regular AR-15, but the handgun caliber allows me to shoot 9mm, which is cheap. And cheap is good because I'm on a very limited colllege student income. I haven't used student loans to buy any firearms... yet.

I was thinking about getting a 9mm AR in as short as legally possible (pre-SBR) and eventually getting it stamped when I settle down and find a semi-permenant place. Money also limits the tax stamp availablity.  Basically, I'll be getting a 16 (w/flash supressor) M4rgery in 9mm. I can't decide on brand or configuration. Yet. Any recommendations are welcome.

I have an RRA 9mm with a Hahn precision mag block.  With Colt mags, it runs flawlessly with any kind of ammo, and the Colt mags lock the bolt back on an empty mag.  With a Gemtech raptor supressor on it, its just a hoot.

Just so you know, I am from Cincinnati, and I have traveled back there with my 9mm AR.  The range North of Cinci (Targetworld, I think) would not let me shoot my rifle there.   Their rule - no rifles at all, except for rimfire.  Something to do with bullet velocity, I think.  So, you may want to check that out if Targetworld is where you are planning to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just so you know, I am from Cincinnati, and I have traveled back there with my 9mm AR.  The range North of Cinci (Targetworld, I think) would not let me shoot my rifle there.   Their rule - no rifles at all, except for rimfire.  Something to do with bullet velocity, I think.  So, you may want to check that out if Targetworld is where you are planning to shoot.

[loophole]take a 9mm AR pistol[/loophole]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#11]

I have an RRA 9mm with a Hahn precision mag block.  With Colt mags, it runs flawlessly with any kind of ammo, and the Colt mags lock the bolt back on an empty mag.  With a Gemtech raptor supressor on it, its just a hoot.

Argh! that is exactly what I was referring to. They had a sign out that said no rifle rounds or rounds more than 2000 FPS. The 9mm is much slower than that, but I was hoping they would let me shoot it. Maybe I should ask rather than assume. Yes, I know what happens when you assume. Targetworld is a pretty good place, other than that and will soon be a class III dealer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top