Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2006 2:40:19 PM EDT
When you recieve a NIB AR, whats  he deal with cosmoline, i seen a few threads about it a while back but i cant find em.  When i get mine is it gonna caked in cosmoline?  How do you remove it?  What all parts of the gun is it gonna be on?

Hold on while i put my flame resistant suit on

yes i am new so take it easy on me, please
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
A new AR will not have any cosmoline on it. They use cosmoline on mil surp weapons that have been or will be in storage for a long period of time, getting that shit off is a pain in the ass though
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Send it to me. I'll clean all the "cosmoline" and cob webs out of it for you.

Seriously, a patch or two down the barrel with your bore cleaner of choice followed by a dry patch and you should be good to go. A through visual and function check would be a good idea too.

Note: Do not let the hammer fall on bare metal. Use your finger or a hammer block to avoid beating hell out of things

FUNCTION CHECK
Verify that hammer locks to the rear when pushed back.
Verify that hammer pivots forward when trigger is pressed.
Without releasing the trigger, push the hammer back again and verify that it locks (caught by disconnector).
Releasing the trigger should not cause the hammer to pivot fully forward (caught by trigger).
Hammer will fall when trigger is pressed.

Another one

And best of all: How to make a tinker-toy collection into an AR.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top