Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2006 8:27:37 AM EDT
Is there other companies that make these?     Who makes the best?       I have no experience with these but need some to make my decision!  Thanks to all!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Only beta company makes the betamag, and it's worth buying one to have
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Only beta company makes the betamag, and it's worth buying one to have

I would say that's a matter of opinion. When the AWB was in places, Beta mags were incredibly expensive ($600+) but now that the ban is dead, the going rate of $240-$270 is much easier to swallow.

With all that being said, a Beta mag for all intents and purposes is a range toy. The tests the military has done were not encouraging in regards to the Beta mags durability and reliability. Simply out, a standard USGI 30 round mag is more reliable and more durable than a Beta mag.

Even with the sunset of the AWB, I still haven't bought a Beta mag and probably never will but that's just me. YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Even with the sunset of the AWB, I still haven't bought a Beta mag and probably never will but that's just me. YMMV of course.

I'm with ya there. I'd rather have the $250 on ammo........
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#5]
yep they have been used in the mil for  along time, dad says he used them in Force Recon in the late 80's(El Salvador) without a single problem or malfunction
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would say that's a matter of opinion. When the AWB was in places, Beta mags were incredibly expensive ($600+) but now that the ban is dead, the going rate of $240-$270 is much easier to swallow.

With all that being said, a Beta mag for all intents and purposes is a range toy. The tests the military has done were not encouraging in regards to the Beta mags durability and reliability. Simply out, a standard USGI 30 round mag is more reliable and more durable than a Beta mag.

I agree. I probably won't buy a C-Mag either. $250.00 for something like that is better spent on ammo. I recently bought 20 USGI 30 rnd mags from 44mag.com when they were under $10.00 a piece. Now I can have 20 mags loaded (600 rounds) at my disposal, and still paid less than a C-Mag. IMO the C-Mag is nothing more than overpriced eye candy for the average shooter, especially at the range.

4X4SC
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top