Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 9:55:47 AM EDT
I have a new bushmaster 20" flattop upper.  1/9 twist, no threaded barrel, hbar
I'm going to put low profile gas block on it (which one?)
Should I thread the barrel and put a flash hider/brake on?  Which one?

For the handguards:
I think I either want midwest industries full length free float (monolithic looking, because I like the look/function.  
Or YHM lightweights, cause they are cheaper, and you can screw in a sling swivel to them, for mounting a bipod.
Alternatively, I could get into a Firsh rail by olyarms.  It looks somewhat monolithic.  Any experience with these?

Really, I only want a bipod to put on there, so I don't need too much rail space.  I could just go with a cheaper ff tube.  But damn if I'm not a victim of fashion.  I love the look of the rails.  So there it is.

Midwest Industries \/ (my favorite, aesthetically)

YHM \/

Oly Firsh \/ (but mine would be full length)

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's my bushy upper with the phantom flash hider (mini-y removed)
YHM light weight FF tube with magpul covers
PRI flip up front sight
Fobus G37 Grip
Ace SOCoM stock
ARMS #40 flip rear sight
Custom finsh in Gray and Black, KG Gunkote
EOTech Holosight
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got my MI 2 piece handguards for my new 20".  I love the MI.  I bought a YHM for my DPMS.  It was good.  Then i went with MI for my last 2.  I love the T Markings and its black.  The MI is a bit more expensive, but worth it imo.  YHM still makes a good product.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Go with the MI's. I'm not a super gear snob, but I've never even considered the completely out of spec rails such as the FIRSH and the YHM rails.

IMO, the only thing they had going for them was the price. Now that MI offers a much higher quality rail for a very close price range, I see no point in bothering with them. YMMV.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top