Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:00:45 AM EDT
Howdy!  I'm a retired Marine grunt who was with 3-5 during the invasion of Iraq.  Came back with an enemy marksmanship badge and a CAR.  I'm looking to buy my first ar-15.  I don't need anything fancy just want to go out and shoot and possibly upgrade later.  I'm looking at this particular weapon on guns america and wanted to know if it was a good buy.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks.

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976595689.htm
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I would personally go with a RRA.  It is what I shoot and it is very reliable, accurate and the finish is great.  I will buy another one sometime this year. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
So you would recommend this weapon to a first time buyer?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Anything Bushmaster or Colt
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
03ki11er -- I've only been doing the AR thing for about 6 months, so I'm kinda new at it too...... I bought very slightly used "during-ban" DPMS, which I have modified, ( new stock & grip, railed handguard eotech)-------- I love it and shoot it regularly --------------I have also built a DPMS stripped lower with a DPMS used gun-show free float upper and mounted a varmit Tasco scope on it --- also love it......

I bought or built both of these for a little less than you are thinking about paying.  

If you can field strip an AR you can build one from a stripped lower.

Just my personal experience with the sickness/passion/addiction which is the curse of the black riflehinking
Maybe OD green, I don't have a green one, or tan or rifle.... no mid-length.......... might have to build two more... no three...............
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice.  I know i can strip it for cleaning purposes, but didn't think I could actually build one.  I'll look into that.'
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
just get an RRA, Entry Tactical in my opinion is the coolest. ar15sales.com these guys have good prices, good guys to deal with.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Price and components are fine, I own both brands and are equally good. I would recomend a 20" A2 standard rifle (flash suprpessor and A2 stock) as your first rifle, then save the M4gery type for the second rifle.  But nevertheless this is a good first rifle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
My RRA has never failed me. I just ordered two more kits from them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top