Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 11:15:19 PM EDT
Just got an DCM upper made by a guy in Arizona.  He told me he's using Douglas barrel, but mine has DPMS stamped on it.  Does DPMS use Douglas barrel?  I had it built on an A3 upper, and a quick check on DMPS' website shows no A3 DCM upper, so if he's trying something, he sure took the long way.  He seems like a honest person, and he kept in touch with me throughout the build, and even called me before he shipped, so it might just be a honest mistake.

I ordered an A3 upper so I can take off the handle and install a scope when needed.  If I do that, would the front sight get in the way?  Does anyone make a detachable front sight that's DCM legal?  Or do I have to get scope rings high enough to clear the sight.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
dont know about dpms using douglass bbls. and seems fishy.

as for the scope/front sight issue, if the scope is magnified at or above 3-4x you wont see the front sight and if you do you are looking too hard for it and will only see a blur
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I do know you will be happy with your DPMS barrel regardless.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

but paying for a douglass bbl. and getting a dpms in return is not something to be happy about.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but paying for a douglass bbl. and getting a dpms in return is not something to be happy about.

That is definitely what I was NOT trying to insinuate! I would be highly pissed off if I paid for a Douglas barrel and got a DPMS instead.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is definitely what I was NOT trying to insinuate! I would be highly pissed off if I paid for a Douglas barrel and got a DPMS instead.

i figured you were just trying state that dpms makes good products but the problem here was that he is getting a dpms bbl instead of what he wanted and was told it was a douglas bbl. which sucks.

if you were told you were being sold a dpms bbl. and payed dpms bbl. price then it wouldnt be a problem.

hope the problem gets solved, happy holidays
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#7]
A quick search on Brownell's website shows that Douglas makes only 1/9 and 1/14 twists for .224, so if I got a 1/8 twist (which I ordered, and got) Douglas barrel I'd still have doubts.  I email the builder and he replied that it is the same barrel (??) and that he could get it faster by ordering from DMPS than directly from Douglas.  Since DMPS here has already stated that they are not the same, one has to wonder about that statement.

As far as price paid, it comes up to about the same if I bought an RRA National Match A3 upper with handle and NM sight, or a DPMS DCM upper with removable handle added, though I don't know if RRA's quality is similar to DMPS' (I am sure DPMS' rep would say not )  This may just be a case of getting what I paid for, not what I expected.  But the proof is in the shooting, and the builder recommended 50 gr. Hornady V-Max for 300 yd. work.

Now as long as I have a DMPS rep on this thread, can you tell me if you buy the barrel from outside, or do you make it in-house, and how do you cut your chamber?

ETA:  Just noticed my bayonet won't lock on the bayonet lug.  Now my AR is only quasi-evil.  It's the margerine of evil.  Just not evil enough
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:57:49 AM EDT
[#9]
he assembled you an upper with parts HE wanted to put on there and made you buy it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top