Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2005 6:25:24 AM EDT
haven't received the upper yet, but was wondering if there are any compatibility issues such as the size of the pin-holes on the upper vs. lower (as I have heard is the case between bushmaster and colt)--  any info it greatly appreciated... thanks
v/r
will seabrook
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
99.9% positive you aren't going to have any problems.  I've got a CMT upper mated to a BM lower and no problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#3]
thats good news--- thank you very much

v/r
will seabrook
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The pin issue is strictly a COLT problem, as they are the one's who decided to produce rifles utilizing a different pivot pin size for some of their rifles.

Mating issue of these uppers or lowers could require special aftermarket pins designed to hold a standard pin size upper or lower to the oddballed Colts.

This issue is documented very well here at: www.biggerhammer.net, look in the upper section there for pics and pin sizes......

Mike
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
No problems with my BM lower and CMT upper.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have done 4 builds with stripped Bushy lowers and CMT uppers. No problems. Good fit.

viator
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#7]
NP here at all either, BM is a little deeper black but thats it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]
You said it is a little deeper black, Is it very noticable?  

Brian
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You said it is a little deeper black, Is it very noticable?  

Brian

Depends on how ticky you are. If you're a perfection freak, you probably shouldn't be an AR owner in the first place; since factory new complete rifles often show a slight color difference between upper and lower.

On the other hand, if you're like most of us, you'll put a light coat of lube on the two pieces, and not notice any difference except maybe when you're outside in strong sunlight.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a RR lower that was pretty tight with some of my BM uppers,some of them needed a couple of file strokes on some of the internal stuff to fit.
If you don't try to mix colt stuff with anything else (it can be done but is too much hassle in my op) you will likely never run into any problem and almost certainly never anything that can't be simply dealt with.
You do realise that CMT is the actual factory that makes many of the forgeings for the big AR companies?
I am not sure who does the final machine work (drilling holes and cutting slots ect) and who does the finish
of the parts but CMT is supposed to be the origin of lots of goodies .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top