Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 7:06:48 AM EDT
The windage wheel says clockwise is R.  I'm assuming that means the point of impact will shift right when adjusted that way.  How much does it change per click?

I put the Troy behind an EOTech that's mounted on a LaRue mount. I want to co-witness it which I've never done before. I'm speculating that I can get this done in the living room by just turning on the EOTech (which is dead on at 50 yds) and adjusting the Troy until the dot sits right on top the front sight when I've got a good sight picture.

Also, that Troy detent ball seems impossible to push down with a bullet tip (XM193). Any tips?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the clicks are 1/4 and you are correct, turning toward "R" will move POI to the right.

The Larue mount is not designed for absolute co-witness.  It will leave the irons in the lower 1/3 of the sight picture.  So you will have to shoot to get your irons sighted in.

The detent is a bit stiff at first, clp will help this, but if a bullet tip won't work try a punch or hex key of appropriate size.

Seydou
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Seydou, I think I mis-spoke when I said co-witness. What I meant is that if I know my red dot is point of impact at 50 yds, then I should be able to adjust my BUIS so that the red dot is sitting right on top of my front post with a good sight picture (thanks to lack of parallax).  That should save me some ammo getting it to where I want it, right?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks Seydou, I think I mis-spoke when I said co-witness. What I meant is that if I know my red dot is point of impact at 50 yds, then I should be able to adjust my BUIS so that the red dot is sitting right on top of my front post with a good sight picture (thanks to lack of parallax).  That should save me some ammo getting it to where I want it, right?

You are correct.  I use the same method you are describing to intially sight in my Aimpoints using the Troy BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Also, that Troy detent ball seems impossible to push down with a bullet tip (XM193). Any tips?

Try using a hex key on the screw head opposite the adjustment wheel.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct.  I use the same method you are describing to intially sight in my Aimpoints using the Troy BUIS.

I do not understand how on a Larue mount, which raises the dot above the FS, you could ever get the BUIS to co-witness absolutely.

Seydou
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Becasue the sight is parallax free and the dot moves around.  It will sit low in the tube on the front sight if its zeroed and your head is on the stock.  Do you understand now?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Becasue the sight is parallax free and the dot moves around.  It will sit low in the tube on the front sight if its zeroed and your head is on the stock.  Do you understand now?

Yeah it does make sense now.

sh00ter,
The Troy rear BUIS does not have an elevation adjustment, so obviously any adjustment would have to be done with the front sight post.

Seydou
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top