Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 9:19:22 PM EDT
I just purchase another Ar15, I really never broke the barrels in on the other AR's?
I have done a method for a custom Bolt Gun?  Should I use a method - If so?
What should I do to get the most out of a Rack Barrel?

Thanks,
szst8h  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
This one is easy.  Load up a 30 round USGI mag.  Load gun, shoot.  Repeat.  When you're out of ammo, take it home and clean it.  Easy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This one is easy.  Load up a 30 round USGI mag.  Load gun, shoot.  Repeat.  When you're out of ammo, take it home and clean it.  Easy.

What he said.  Buy ammo, load up, SPORTS.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:39:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, there are methods.

And they are all BS and a waste of time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#5]
tetra treat it....then fire one shot break it open and run your brush down the barrel and repeat for the first 25 shots then rack off 25 and run your brush down and do that untill you have fired a total of 100 rounds
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's been my method for the 3 I have.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
tetra treat it....then fire one shot break it open and run your brush down the barrel and repeat for the first 25 shots then rack off 25 and run your brush down and do that untill you have fired a total of 100 rounds

This message brought to you by the American Barrel Maker Council.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#8]
When I got my MB S500 I went through the same process.  Drove 1 mile, did a complete oil change (even though the Mobile One synthetic oild was good for 15K miles), drove another mile, did a tune up, drove another mile replaced all the brakes, and so on........
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

you do not need to do this to a chrome lined AR15 barrel ,you would be wasting your time  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL    

What he said....+1
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
1.  Go to your local store and buy about 200 rounds of Ammunition.
2.  Take it to your local range and load up your magazines.
3.  Put the magazine in your weapon.
4.  Charge the weapon.
5.  Fire the weapon till the magazine runs out.
6.  Reload and repeat.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL    

What he said....+1

Damn that took me all day long to get.......I just now got it, how true
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top