Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 5:16:52 PM EDT
I have a post ban Colt MT6700 that I would like to rebarrel.  I came into possession of a 20" threaded barrel w/bayonet lug & FSB but not 'F' marked.  Do I need to find the proper FSB or can changing the front sight itself achieve the same thing?

BTW, if I do need to get a new FSB assembly, how carries the 'F' marked ones?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say throw the new barrel on there and go shoot it.

If it shoots really high (around 8" high at 100yds) you need to get a $5, .040" taller front site from Bushmaster.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The "F" is for flattop. All "F" marked front sight bases are a little taller than the standard fron sight base. If you are going to mount the "F" marked base on a flattop receiver all you have to use is the standard front sight pin. If you are going to use it with a carry handle receiver you need to use a standard front sight base w/ standard pin.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a little confused here  

I have a flattop receiver

My FSB is not 'F' marked.

To line things up properly, I just need a slightly taller front site pin?  If so, who sells such a beast?  Thanks

PS.  primary sighting system is an ACOG but I will have BUIS and want to be able to get it sighted in properly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine from Bushmaster they are .040 taller than the standard pin.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top