Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 2:29:09 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster 16" after-ban HBAR w/collapsible stock and A2 upper. I recently bought a bushmaster 20" A2 upper and an A2 stock, with the intentions of turning my carbine into an M16A2-forgery. Well, I successfully convinced myself that I might just as well buy another lower and have two complete rifles, instead of one "transformer." I knew it would happen sooner or later, just didn't think it'd happen before I actually get the A2 upper in the mail...

So, anyways. I have to decide what lower to mate with my new Bushmaster upper. Since budgetary concerns do exist in this place, I'd prefer something cheaper than a Bushmaster lower. My question for the fine folks here is which of the following would *most likely* (I recognize there are always color variations to one degree or another even in the same company) match in terms of color and finish most seamlessly to a Bushy upper: DPMS, Stag, RRA, or Armalite Eagle (other reccomendations are welcome). I do not want the textured portion on the front of the magwell, which is why MEGA recievers are not in the running. If any of the aforementioned producers texture the front of the magwell, please let me know.

Thanks,
OBird
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Mega mated to my Bushy upper and it ran and looked fine.  I now have a Bushy lower so I can't supply you with any pix.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
My RRA looks pretty good mated with my Bushy upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Your best bet is to go with an RRA or Stag, with Stag being the best value IMO, RRA's a bit more, but  they have name recognition and that sells for them. In the end, to truly get a good color match, you really need to hand match the upper and lower yourself.

Are you near a dealer that sells lowers you could purchase from? The reason I ask is because it doesn't matter what brand you choose, color mismatches happen. I have 2 Colt LE6920's for instance - both bought as complete rifles. My first one did not match up exactly, and it is very noticeable outdoors in the light. My second one matches perfectly. I have seen this with BM, RRA, etc....alot of the big-name manufacturers. It is usually infrequent. Good luck with whatever you go with, but hand match them if finish match is important to you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Best match for a Bushmaster upper

Here's a novel idea...how about a Bushmaster Lower?

The words "Best Match" tipped me off...just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Best match for a Bushmaster upper

Here's a novel idea...how about a Bushmaster Lower?

The words "Best Match" tipped me off...just a thought.

And I quote:

Quoted:
Since budgetary concerns do exist in this place, I'd prefer something cheaper than a Bushmaster lower.

The most expensive manufacturer I listed was RRA, and even complete (minus stock) RRA lowers are usually about $50 less than a Bushmaster lower of the same configuration. A semi-complete Stag or DPMS lower would be even cheaper, approaching (through SOME dealers, even then not quite) close to being $100 less than a semi-complete Bushmaster lower.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
My apoligies but...you need the stock, trigger group whole enchilada right?....hows this price?...

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976282078.htm

$259 for a complete lower...lock, stock but...no barrel. LOL!!!

Again...sorry I gave a short answer to a title line...L8R, Bill.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top