Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 5:37:20 AM EDT
Sorry if this was answered in other threads...I didnt see any. Are civilians able to buy LEO marked AR's? I know we can buy LEO marked magazines and such....so I was just wondering. Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  The markings mean nothing.  If anything, the markings make your AR more "collectible", so make sure to hide it way back in the safe, so that it never gets touched.  Oh, and don't forget to save the box it came in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I know that we can but I think that it's a terrible idea. I know sounding like a harbinger of doom is frowned upon on these boards, but what if they change the laws again?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]
thn the laws will be changed to be what ever they wil be.
the point is they will be new laws.  who knows what they will be or what they will say.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know that we can but I think that it's a terrible idea. I know sounding like a harbinger of doom is frowned upon on these boards, but what if they change the laws again?

If they change the laws again and it has a grandfather clause, they will have to come up with specific and ban relevant wording that will be applied to all new LEO only equipment.  It will have to be different than the old language.  I'd bet date specific stampings will also come into play, just like they did on mags.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, purchase away.   I have several LEO pieces.

If another ban goes in, the markings will have to be different.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#6]
i didnt know we werent suppose to be shooting the leo marked rifles, no one told me about keeping the boxes either

i shoot the crap out of my leo marked 9mm carbine
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I hate the use of "civilian" to seperate those non-military citizens into law enforcement vs. non-law enforcement employees. I know some will think I'm nit picking, but words mean specific things!

We are very careful on this board to use the proper terminology when it comes to our beloved weapons - as well we should. It prevents misunderstanding and promotes clear communication.

When it comes to LEO's and the rest of the non-military population, we're ALL civilians.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When it comes to LEO's and the rest of the non-military population, we're ALL civilians.

N/A to present day NOLA.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#9]
This is the very reason I've never taken my "Law Enforcement Only"-marked spatula out of the box.  

Seriously- I like to laugh at all the LEO stuff now that it's all over with. So much worrying over such worthless crap.  We did see a large increase in drive-by bayonettings as a result of the lifted ban though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
There will be a small number of "collectors" who will be foolish enough to pay a premium for LEO marked stuff.  It won't be me, though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

N/A to present day NOLA.

Point taken.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

N/A to present day NOLA.

Point taken.

It's a F-ing sad and scary truth.  It has me slightly worried of the trend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I hope every LE knows AWB sunset and would not make a big deal when seeing those LE Only markings. Or just sit in the pit for a few days until they check out the law!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:04:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sorry if this was answered in other threads...I didnt see any. Are civilians able to buy LEO marked AR's? I know we can buy LEO marked magazines and such....so I was just wondering. Thanks everyone!

It was always legal to own a LEO marked lower, it just had to be in a postban configuration during the ban.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There will be a small number of "collectors" who will be foolish enough to pay a premium for LEO marked stuff.  It won't be me, though.

Me neither.  I don't need LEO, ponies, or anything else stamped on my rifles.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Me neither.
I am seriously considering the purchase of an ADCO unbanned
6400C. The will be no LEO stamp, and no bayonet lug.
I will not have a "real" 6920, but I cannot bring myself to
give a damn.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me neither.
I am seriously considering the purchase of an ADCO unbanned
6400C. The will be no LEO stamp, and no bayonet lug.
I will not have a "real" 6920, but I cannot bring myself to
give a damn.

I'm with you.  I don't have a bayonet lug on any of my rifles.  I don't miss it one bit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
thn the laws will be changed to be what ever they wil be.
the point is they will be new laws.  who knows what they will be or what they will say.

I shudder when I think about what "gun laws" could be proposed and maybe enacted if this country is foolish enough to elect Hillary Clinton President.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't care about the gun, all I want is the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
There was never any TECHNICAL legal restriction against owning a legally configured AR that bore the LEO marking,  even DURING the ban.

Read that again:    The marking itself was never illegal to have on your rifle, so long as the rifle was
in a configuration that was legal to own at the time.

Yes.  Truth.   Look it up.

Bushmaster's flunky wouldn't believe me....though I won the argument hands down by quoting
the actual text of the law.

CJ

There is also a letter from the ATF stating it is legal.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Geez, I sure was hoping to see a bunch of affirmatives.  Otherwise, I'd be quite the felon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#23]
"FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY USE OR EXPORT ONLY-WE MEAN IT THIS TIME!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#24]
This is why I like the forward thinking (or reverse psycology) of the geniuses at RB Precision and Superior Arms.

A LEO/Mil can't touch my weapon. It's restricted.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is why I like the forward thinking (or reverse psycology) of the geniuses at RB Precision and Superior Arms.

A LEO/Mil can't touch my weapon. It's restricted.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/DCP_0821A.jpg

WIZZO

I"m pretty sure this protects you from confiscation...good move and excellent foresight.[
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top