Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 12:02:45 PM EDT
I purchased a Basic Modstock and when I attempted to attach it to the receiver extension, it became quite clear the fit was too tight.  This was with a DPMS M-4...before I start on my Bushy, will I have the same problem?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I purchased a Basic Modstock and when I attempted to attach it to the receiver extension, it became quite clear the fit was too tight.  This was with a DPMS M-4...before I start on my Bushy, will I have the same problem?

Got the wrong tube size, buddy.  And people wonder why I like Colt.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
OK.  Easy fix.  Get the proper size tube from VLTOR, Colt, LMT.  They are out there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes.  Your Bushie tube is not milspec.  You gotta have what Combat_Jack says.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have a beard...you may have problems

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want, fill the cheek portion of the stock will resin or maybe even model glue.  Just don't try to take it apart again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
no prob with the beard,

only 'bouta 300 rds,though.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Stag Arms/ CMT will also work. They're are Mil-Spec size and depending on which seller you buy it from, it could be less cost than the other major brands.

I have a CAR Vltor stock on an LMT tube and a club foot stock on a Vltor tube, both fits fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Black electrical tape on my black VLTOR clubfoot solved the beard problem.  Nothing like having an AR hanging from your face.  Been there, done that, don't want to do it again!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Mil-Spec = Stag/CMT, Vltor, Crane, Colt

Non Mil-Spec = Bushmaster, RRA, CavArms, DPMS

You need a mil-spec extension to work with your Vltor stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top