Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 2:43:37 PM EDT
WTF is a Kool Aid Drinker?  I keep seeing it on different posts (mostly in the AR discussion room - hence me asking this here), and I have no idea what it means.  It's not in the big acronym list.  Remember, I'm not really bright, so use small words.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone who goes along with the rest of the group, i.e. the "Jonestown Massacre” Kool Aid drinkers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Someone who goes along with the rest of the group, i.e. the "Jonestown Massacre” Kool Aid drinkers.

It's all good as long as the Kool-Aid isn't red.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Made in reference to Colt owners who blindly follow a pony on the side of a rifle

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember those suicides a few years ago in Cali?  They put pills in a koolaid knockoff.  Drinkin the Kool-Aid!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Made in reference to Colt owners who blindly follow a pony on the side of a rifle

WIZZO

OK, thanks guys.  Kinda funny in a sick, twisted way.  I like it.

I'm mostly up to speed now.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Remember those suicides a few years ago in Cali?  They put pills in a koolaid knockoff.  Drinkin the Kool-Aid!

It was Jonestown, Guyana on November 18, 1978.

www.cnn.com/US/9811/18/jonestown.anniv.01/
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't drink the juice.

R.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
And I'm fairly sure it was GRAPE Kool-Aid at Jonestown.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#9]

WIZZO

Also many 1911 owners have tasted the cool aid,  they walk around mumbling "if it aint a Colt it's a clone"
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Im an ice tea guy my self.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And I'm fairly sure it was GRAPE Kool-Aid at Jonestown.

Oh man!!!...Don't tell me it was "Grape"!!!

That right there is sacralige..blashemy!!!...because...

Back when I was in the suck?...on our "no-pay weekends"?....we'd take up a collection in the barracks....then designate someone to run into town for Everclear (99.999% Pure Grain Alcohol), a bucnh of bagged ice and about 2 dozen packs of Grape Kool-Aid...meanwhile?...we'd take the newest, cleanest looking $hitcan in the barracks into the showerroom and scrub hell out of it..then toss the bagged ice, grape kool-aid and everclear in (and in that order) and then add water and stir...we called it "Purple Jesus"...purple cause of the color and Jesus cause that was the most popular word you'd hear come out of first time tasters mouths!!! LOL!!!!

But our entire barracks could stay drunk for the whole weekend for literally a few bucks a man...It was also capable of doling out one of the rawest, most acidic case of the dry heaves known to man...and if ya drank water during your hang-over?...you'd wind up hung over AND drunk all over again...nasty stuff if ya over did it but...90+% of us were ALL dedicated "Kool-Aid Drinkers"...and actually?...now that I think back?...I guess it almost DID kill a few of us!!! LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Remember those suicides a few years ago in Cali?  They put pills in a koolaid knockoff.  Drinkin the Kool-Aid!hippie.gif

That's the Heaven's gate cult. Strangely they found the last body before demolishing the house. It was under the sink, behind the comet!

Thank you, I'm here all week!

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I just think it is scary that someone else drank Purple Jesuses. We used to play quarters with that crap. You're not from Texas are you?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

WIZZO

Also many 1911 owners have tasted the cool aid,  they walk around mumbling "if it aint a Colt it's a clone"

I drank the Colt AR15 AND 1911 KOOL-AID.

And it tasted SOOOOOOO good!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just think it is scary that someone else drank Purple Jesuses. We used to play quarters with that crap. You're not from Texas are you?

Nope...I'm not...but several of my fellow U.S. Marines that were regulars dipping in that Purple Jesus were from Texas!!! LOL!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Im an ice tea guy my self.

I like beer Hey I guess that makes me a Bushy beer drinker
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
To be perfectly anal, it was Flavor-Aid that was served at Jonestown.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
To be perfectly anal, it was Flavor-Aid that was served at Jonestown.

Yep, you're right.  Just another cheap knock-off...ya' know, like a Bushmaster....  
Sorry...couldn't resist...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I vividly remember the films of the Jonestown mass suicide/murders.

Is it just me, or does this thread make anyone else feel old?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#20]
It's you.

hippie.gif
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Purple Jesus....... I forgot all about those. (I wonder why) We also made some with cherry and added Ephedrine ... Called 'em Red Rockets. Oh to be young and stupid <sigh>
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#22]

WIZZO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite is "It's a phony if there's no pony"

I have a Bushy lower/DelTon upper bastard rifle, so... "Is it a fake if there's no snake?"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
...then designate someone to run into town for Everclear (99.999% Pure Grain Alcohol), a bucnh of bagged ice and about 2 dozen packs of Grape Kool-Aid...meanwhile?...we'd take the newest, cleanest looking $hitcan in the barracks into the showerroom and scrub hell out of it..then toss the bagged ice, grape kool-aid and everclear in (and in that order) and then add water and stir...we called it "Purple Jesus"...purple cause of the color and Jesus cause that was the most popular word you'd hear come out of first time tasters mouths!!! LOL!!!!

Everclear is 95% alcohol. You want to know how I know?

This picture was taken back in 1988, when I was an underaged 20-year old drinker. That is my first AR-15 rifle, which I bought earlier that year from the owner of the local Army surplus store for $300.

I used to take a gallon of orange juice, drain out a pint bottle's worth of orange juice, and replace it with a pint of Everclear. I called it "Agent Orange", and the next day you'd feel like you were exposed to the real Agent Orange. Most of the time I would buy it by the fifth, and occasionally even by the gallon. In fact, I still have an empty gallon Everclear jug in my gun room to this day. I haven't drank alcohol for 10 years, and feel very fortunate that it didn't kill me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the Heaven's gate cult. Strangely they found the last body before demolishing the house. It was under the sink, behind the comet!

Thank you, I'm here all week!

not bad.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Ar owners copy 1911 owners.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Jim Jones couldn't even cough up the cash for real Kool-Aid?  The cheap bastard.  That's like making death row inmates order off the MickeyD dollar menu for their last meal.  No class.

That "behind the comet joke"... funny as hell.

My best friend (he has an FFL, so he's my BEST friend) makes cherry bounce with Everclear... nasty stuff but pretty good.  I've never witnessed this, but he claims you can almost watch Everclear evaporate if you leave the top off?  Joking?... maybe if you've consumed enough of it, you can see all sorts of interesting things.

Shal1

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top