Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 6:59:54 PM EDT
....ok first off, please forgive if this is in the wrong place and second, I searched and couldn't find this specific info.

I have a Colt LE6920 (M4, 16" chrome lined notched bbl, flash supp, coll stock...etc). I am going to go with Troy front and back BUIS and an Aimpoint ML3.

It is black from the factory and would love to have it painted with a less defineable color(s).

Some of the opearators paint jobs are very random and well done. Anyway, it will be my primary SHTF weapon and home defense so I don't want to do ANYTHING to compromise integtrity/reliability etc.

-where can I get this professionally done?
-are there any cons to having it done?
-it is painted on or powder coated etc?

any input on this matter would be much appreciated!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Lauer sells the paint and all the supplies needed to do it. They also will do it for you if you don't want to do it yourself. If I remember correctly there was a dealer somewhere in the EE giving a discount on duracoat  jobs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
....ok first off, please forgive if this is in the wrong place and second, I searched and couldn't find this specific info.

I have a Colt LE6920 (M4, 16" chrome lined notched bbl, flash supp, coll stock...etc). I am going to go with Troy front and back BUIS and an Aimpoint ML3.

It is black from the factory and would love to have it painted with a less defineable color(s).

Some of the opearators paint jobs are very random and well done. Anyway, it will be my primary SHTF weapon and home defense so I don't want to do ANYTHING to compromise integtrity/reliability etc.

Try Larsen Tactical Modifications website, great work with Dura-coat finishes.

Dr.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

[/quote

Sorry didn't see the end of your post.
Go to Larsen Tactical Modifications website, great work with Dura-coat

Dr.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you know the website for Larsen Tactical Modifications?  I did a search and came up with nothing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the info! I emailed him since I didnt see any info on that site. So is Dura-coat the only going product...or just the best?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top