Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 6:11:06 PM EDT
A thread in the SF about discreetly bugging out of NO on foot with a rifle got me wondering if the AR pistol was a viable option. People were talking about packing the rifle in a bag and using a pistol for immediate response if needed. I thought it would be pretty easy to conceal an AR pistol under a rain jacket or poncho. Would an AR pistol be a better defense weapon than a regular pistol? If you could carry one along with your regular CCW, would you?

Keep in mind I'm only comparing the AR pistol to a regular pistol. For this discussion let's assume that your rifle would be hidden in your bag, not immediately accessible.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
it would be nice to have .and definately a nice close in weapon.concealment?don't know I don't have one but would like to,I was tossing the idea about one of those carbon ones for that reason.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The AK platform seems better suited for a pistol (no buffer tube). I have three AK pistols, I think they'd work great for close in ambush type shit. If I was going to carry a 10"-11" AR pistol I'd probably just get a carbine with tele stock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a thread, in the AR Pistol forum, about carrying the AR pistol.  There was a suggestion of modifying a shoulder rig made for Uzi's, but I think the rig was discontinued by the manufacturer.  Seemed to be the best suggestion, so far, for a concealed carry method.

Best open carry suggestion was a drop-leg holster that was apparently made for the M-4 or something similar.  Finding a US dealer for the holster, is apparently a bit of a problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top