BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:22:34 PM EDT
www.floridagunworks.com/

i want to buy some parts from them.
does anyone know what their status is? are they closed for business due to the weather?
i tried to email them but no response yet.
does anyone know a number i can call to reach them?
does anyone have any experience with ordering from them?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
What exactly is that ATF Ban
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thay are ok to deal with "in person".  But.....google  Florida Gun Works
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.floridagunworks.com/

i want to buy some parts from them.
does anyone know what their status is? are they closed for business due to the weather?
i tried to email them but no response yet.
does anyone know a number i can call to reach them?
does anyone have any experience with ordering from them?

I only placed one order with them and will not do so again.

I think they are overpriced, slow to ship and almost impossible to contact (as they do not give out a phone number).

Shop elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Word on the street is that they are bad news to deal with.  I'd look elsewhere, if you can find what you need elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
When you send your money, they forget to send parts
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
STAY AWAY FROM FLORIDA GUN WORKS

You have been warned.

Disclaimer.

Failure to heed the above advise constitutes stupidity and HS1 is not liable for any misery incurred from disregarding the above advice and conducting business with said company.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I screwed up and ordered an Uzi Barrel from them.  At least they have not charged me yet.

Max
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
They have a REALLY bad rep on most other boards as well so I have avoided them like the plague, you should too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Run, Forrest, run!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#10]
ive gone down there a few times, they are nice, but they arent very bright.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:04:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
ive gone down there a few times, they are nice, but they arent very bright.

where is down there?

curious.

consider they have been in business for some time- which rip-offs, poor service outfits usually do not realize.

Not defending them since I have no 1st person experience, but internet mis-information has ruined more than one decent company
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:29:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Stay Away!

I won't even visit their website.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What exactly is that ATF Ban

Think that's about the barrel ban the ATF conjured up outta thin air. I think the part about frames and recievers is a lie but I've heard of the barrel ban. For some reason, the ATF has now banned the importation of non-US made barrels. Of course, we all know you can kill twenty people with a bare non-US barrel! Same as you can do with a non-US gun with less than 5(?) US made parts. And of course, the most dangerous part, the reciever!

ETA: I've heard bad things about Florida Gun Works...first thing I was told when I asked someone about them was "CLOSE THAT SITE AND NEVER OPEN IT EVER AGAIN!"
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:04:44 AM EDT
[#14]
They suck!

I had a friend phone order a KAC 300m BUIS from them years ago. He was assured it was authentic. It turned out to be an airsoft POS and it took him two months to get his refund.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#15]
AVOID that place. They screwed me on a Polish AK kit. It was supposed to be "excellent" condition but looked like it was run over by a truck! I returned it but got shafted for a restocking fee.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top