Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 3:14:09 PM EDT
I'm pretty much sold on a RRA AR at this point.  My problem now is narrowing down which one I want.  The problem as I see it, is that I honestly can't see that much of a difference between some of the rifles in their lineup.  Can anyone help me out and give me recommendations about which to get?

I'm looking at the:
CAR A4
CAR Elite UTE2
Tactical CAR UTE2
Entry Tactical
Elite CAR A4
Tactical CAR A4

I was looking on eaglefirearms website.

I want a 16" barrel, chrome lined, with a flatop (or removable carry handle or something like that).
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Elite CAR A4 works for me.  It's got everything you want.  Loven it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm looking at the:
CAR A4

The CAR A4 is the standard carbine with a heavy barrel and flat top upper.

CAR Elite UTE2

This model has the A2 rear sight built in to the upper receiver. It uses a heavy barrel and a mid length gas system.

Tactical CAR UTE2

The same as above except with a carbine gas system and M4 type handguards.

Entry Tactical

Basically RRA's M4 rifle. It has the M4 step beyond the front sight base, but uses a heavy barrel profile under the handguards. It too, uses the M4 type handguards.

Elite CAR A4

Mid length, heavy barreled, flat top upper.

Tactical CAR A4

Heavy barreld carbine with M4 style handguards, and a flat top upper.

I'm sure I left some stuff out, but what exactly will you be using it for? Do you prefer light weights? Are you going to use optics or iron sights only?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Car A4: A2 stock std. Crome-lined barrel is extra. Mid-length option. Collapsible stock option.

Elite Car UTE2: Mid-length. Chrome-lined barrel extra. special upper designed by RRA.

Tactical Car UTE2: Same as above but with a carbine gas system. Chrome-lined option.

Entry Tactical: M4-cut on the barrel. M4 handguards. Worthless tactical carry handle. RRA's M4 rifle. Chrome-lined option

Elite Car A4: Mid-length with tactical carry handle. Chrom-lining an option.

Tactical Car A4: Same as Tactical Entry but without M4 cut-out and chrome-lining is an option.

All these rifles have 2 stage triggers standard.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If you get a midlength, your bayo will fit and you will have a slightly longer sight radius.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow -- I love the info, keep it coming :).  I'm a rifle noob.  I've been doing as much research as I can over the last couple of months so that my first AR will be a good one and one I can be happy with.  I'm not looking for a long-range sniper rifle.  I'm looking for a "tactical" type carbine for closer-range work.  Kind of like an "upgrade" from my .45.  I do want to add a bayo-lug and bayonet.  I plan on putting a light on it, a pistol grip, and a red-dot sight (ala Eotech or whoever).

Can anyone explain to me more in layman's terms all the info you guys have laid out?  Even better, can you provide a recommendation of what I shoud get based on what I've laid out here?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were you, I'd go with an Elite CAR A4, with YHM 4 rail handguards. With the mid length Elite, you will be able to use a bayonet properly, and with the 4 rail handguards you will be able to mount your flash light and forward grip easily.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my midlength RRA carbine.  (It's a pseudo-Franken gun because I bought it as a complete lower, and a complete, middie upper.)  The midlength gas system is kinder on the rifle and your shoulder (and thus your sight picture) than a carbine gas system, and the added sight radius can't hurt.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#8]
What are the advantages of the shorter "M4 style" handguards as opposed to the midlength ones?  Since the barrel length is the same, wouldn't you want a longer handguard?  Or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Bueller..... Bueller....????
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, there's more rail systems immediately available, but the Mid-lengths are gaining in popularity, so this might not be a problem in the future.

The Mid-length has the advantage of lower pressure in the operating system which, in turn, results in greater part life and more pleasant recoil compaired to the carbine gas system. You also get about 2" more handguard to hold onto; a big plus for me as my arms seem to be a little long for the carbine handguards and the Middy HGs let me stretch out a little better.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 2 midlengths, i can't see owning any 2 other AR's, well, unless they were full auto or burst.

I really like my 2 RRA AR's!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top