Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 8:41:27 PM EDT
Anyone here used or heard about the Accu-Wedge? Does it effectively "eliminate play between upper and lower receivers for a more solid feel and improve accuracy and buffer the cycling system to reduce wear on impacting surfaces" like it says?

Here is the one Bushmaster sells AR15-M16 Accu-Wedge
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone here used or heard about the Accu-Wedge?

Yes

Quoted:Does it effectively "eliminate play between upper and lower receivers for a more solid feel and improve accuracy and buffer the cycling system to reduce wear on impacting surfaces" like it says?

It does eliminate the play (which was hurting nothing, BTW).  All other claims are bullshit.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Most here will say they're not really neccessary.
I tried one out, it tightened up the rear pin, but still left the front pin a bit loose.
But whatever, it was only $1...

How bad is your fit?

Try firmly grasping your rifle by the (empty) magwell and grip and shake it in front of you.
Does it make a ton of noise?
Now, press your thumb against the upper while shaking it.
Did the rattle go away?
If so, the Wedge may help a bit, but otherwise, I wouldn't worry
about it too much!

Any more out of whack, and I'd think you'd better take it up with the manufacturer(s)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
A little play is prefectly normal. Unless you have a totally bad upper to lower fit the accuwedge is a waste. You wont see increases in accuracy with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Save your money
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
It made my rifle nearly impossible to takedown.  Worst product ever.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
yes

its effective in eliminating play, but it does nothing else imo

CTD has em for cheaper for 3

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
eleminates play............and yeah thats it
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah Accuwedges are next to useless, but I think that rotating AR stock adapter was worse, much worse.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
i think it cost like half the price for that same peace of rubber at model1sales. they also go something else for the ''gap'' between the pistal grip and the trigger or some horse shit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#10]
i like the gapper.

fills the void inbetween the grip and the trigger guard "ears"

the accuwedge is alright, i have some rifles that have quite a bit of play in them and it has solved the play issue.

if the upper lower fit is too tight cut a bit of the base on the wedge off.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They work if you need them but it is necessary to check the fit first. Most need to be cut down slightly.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I got one a while back. Definately eliminates play (which is what I wanted). Makes the rear take down pin a lot harder to push in but just use the tip of a bullet or something its not hard. Was worth the 1 buck for me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i think it cost like half the price for that same peace of rubber at model1sales. they also go something else for the ''gap'' between the pistal grip and the trigger or some horse shit.

the acuwedge is effective

BTW..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top