Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 8:35:44 PM EDT
Not here to start a war or blaspheme anything and I think the world of John N and his products.  That out of the way, the KFH is getting rave reviews for the SBRs.  What about the Levang Linear Comp.  Based on the design, it should accomplish the same results?  Thoughts?  Just wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience with the Levang or did a comparison to the KFH.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen one.  Is it a brake?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a link to a picture of one

Levand Comp
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I predict it will be just as good at redirecting sound, reduce recoil more, weight less cost less, and not be cool enough to have higher sales figures the the Krink brake because noone "cool" is pushing it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I predict it will be just as good at redirecting sound, reduce recoil more, weight less cost less, and not be cool enough to have higher sales figures the the Krink brake because noone "cool" is pushing it.

Yup.
the midsection is plain jane...needs sharp angular daggerlike projections...and flames painted on the end.  that would be tacticool

the end reminds me of a suppressor though,  cool points for that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used the Levang on my 10.5 pistol

It works great at reducing the blast, but it doesn't work at all as a flash hider.
It was cheap though...only $40 vs $120 for the Krink.

I am more than happy with the Levang....it works great for a great price.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't forget, its FUGLY
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#8]
actually the Levang has no expansion chamber so it has a horrific flash signature, where the Krink is an excellent flash suppressor.  I had a Levang on a 11.5" for a minute.

That's the difference.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
actually the Levang has no expansion chamber so it has a horrific flash signature, where the Krink is an excellent flash suppressor.  I had a Levang on a 11.5" for a minute.

That's the difference.

Ain't that the truth... The Levang on an M4 length rifle gives you a pretty darn big fireball, wheras  the Krink on an AK104 gives you a relatively mild flash.

I haven't used the AKSU "Krink" flash suppressor on an AR yet, but I've used them extensively on an AK104 and later on a mutt AKM/AK103 type thing. It impressed the hell out of me.

If you're just looking to push the sound away from you, I'd say stick with the Levang. For social usage, it's hard to beat the soda can Krink FS.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Projekt X
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#11]
what is that?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's the difference.

It is listed as having a single expansion chamber, that is why I was originally asking.  Kisara - Fabio Stabilizer or variant thereof?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I was real close to buying the $120 Krink-style device.  Then I saw that I can spend far, far less money on the Levang.  With my C&R I get a decent discount off the retail for the Levang.  I'm not too worried about flash signature.  The Levang is only intended to tide me over until my suppressor paperwork clears.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a levang.  It came on my 24 inch target upper so I haven't seen any flash problems.  It works well on the 24, but then so would most brakes.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I was thinking the exact same thing Marty and almost started a thread 2 minutes ago about this very thing until I searched and found this one.  Anyone else want to chime in now that this has been bumped to the top?  Also, does anyone have the overall length of the Levang?  Thank you.  

Edited to say that Brownell's has the dimensions on their page.  2 and 1/8" long.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#16]
One more question:  What type of wrench is used to screw the Levang on?  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Probably the same as a Novesk..a strap wrench.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:17:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Probably the same as a Novesk..a strap wrench.

Seems logical enough.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#19]
The Krinkov is not a brake.  It actually increases recoil so that SBRs and SMGs have enough recoil to reliably cycle.  If you don't want to spend $120, buy a real krinkov and an adapter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The Krinkov is not a brake.  It actually increases recoil so that SBRs and SMGs have enough recoil to reliably cycle.  If you don't want to spend $120, buy a real krinkov and an adapter.

Actually, they do not increase RECOIL, they increase DWELL TIME, which improves the TIMING of the shorties which allows them to operate more reliably.  It is not a matter of whether I want to spend the money (I have 4 KFHs from John en route) but merely wondering why the Levang, which has been around for quite some, as well as the Fabio, have not been employed in this fashion more often.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top