Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 12:23:05 PM EDT
I was looking at these for my SPRish rifle..I need a longer length of pull.

Sierra Precision Rifle's Adjustable Buttplate

Anyone using/used it? I'm looking for feedback...

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I used one for a long time on an AR used for long-range shooting.  They are well built and designed and will definitely give you the extra LOP you are looking for.  The only drawback is they are heavy,

Thanks for the reply...when you say heavy..how heavy?

I've been looking for the weight of one, but I cannot find any specs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You can find the weight of it at www.MD-AR15.com in the Product Reviews section...

I also used one (on a Stubby Stock).  Works pretty well if you keep 2 things in mind.
1) You need to tighten the two screws one at a time - several times over (going back and forth).  If you don't do it several times the buttplate will be too loose and slide in.

2) If you need to clear the rifle by banging the butt on the ground - then collapse the buttplate in fully before hitting the rifle.  The plate and it's rod are aluminum and will dent/bend if you strike it properly.  (ask me how I know ).
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one on precision AR, to increase the length of pull.  I really like mine. Its rock solid and maintains its position.  It also has a good rubber butt plate that does not slip.  If you get one order it from SPR, you will save around $10.
MB
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys...

I found the weight on the Maryland site..thanks Forest...great site!

I'm going to try one....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top