Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:40:02 PM EDT
I'm sure it's been asked before but I haven't seen it answered.  I've heard it is more accurate.  I'm sure there are some experts here.  What are the benefits and if you can explain how and why?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you mean free floating handguards.
From what I've read, it's more accurate because it's not touching the barrell like normal handguards do.  So, there's less flex.

Correct me if I'm off.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh I see it's the handguards direct contact to the barrel that causes the difference...Next time I miss a shot and I've already used my, "That was a warning shot." excuse,  I can say it was my God damned handguards touching the barrel!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Well... that's the case with all handguards other than the free floated ones.  I think that'd just make you sound like a tool.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Well if I blamed all my errant shots on the shadow people I might get the range all to myself!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top