Olympic arms lower
4 position collapsable stock
Hogue grip
Detachable carry handle, (aluminum)
BSA red dot w/ rail
3 30 rd magazines
hard carry case and some ammo

Also have stock grip and stock.

I would like to sell this all together, so i was wondering what a good asking price is,
I have left open the possibility of parting it out.

thanks for all the input
ANB
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
$450 is the most i would pay

fraken build on a oly lower
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
$450 is the most i would pay

fraken build on a oly lower

+1

$500 bucks max considereing the goodies

you can start her off at ~$600 and see what kind of offers you get.......

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
$450-$500 depending how good of condition it is in.
Got a pic you can post?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd walk that one around the gun show and see what you get.

R.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
depending on the condition you might actually do better selling it out as parts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
depending on the condition you might actually do better selling it out as parts.

+1

Sell it the same way you built it; one part at a time.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I think that i might end up parting it out, B/C i had an easy 600 into it before adding any goddies,
The only used parts when i built it were the barrel and the stripped upper.   Everything else was purchased new.  

I've only put about 200 rds. through it.  

Thanks for all the feed back, and if i do end up parting it out I'll probably re post under equipment exchange..

ANB
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think that i might end up parting it out, B/C i had an easy 600 into it before adding any goddies,
The only used parts when i built it were the barrel and the stripped upper.   Everything else was purchased new.  

I've only put about 200 rds. through it.  

Thanks for all the feed back, and if i do end up parting it out I'll probably re post under equipment exchange..

ANB

Figure on losing 20% with a used weapon/ parts.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I built two rifles for around $550 each.  Trying to sell them for $600 each on this board did nothing, there were no biters.

Went to a gun show and advertised each rifle for $675 each.  Some guy bought both of them within 30 minutes of me entering the show.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I built two rifles for around $550 each.  Trying to sell them for $600 each on this board did nothing, there were no biters.

Went to a gun show and advertised each rifle for $675 each.  Some guy bought both of them within 30 minutes of me entering the show.

+1
Yep you want top dollar for your ARs take them to a gun show. Sucker born every minute in those places.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Yep you want top dollar for your ARs take them to a gun show. Sucker born every minute in those places.

So much for honest people.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 on the gunshow.

I had one of mine (franken-AR on Stag lower) that I had $580 in to.  A guy didn't even give a second thought and reached for his wallet when I said $750 for my AR. He was happy and so was I.

AFAIAC, I had one of the best ARs at the show, and at the lowest price by $100. I made my money and he got a good quality rifle. Had he purchased from other people, yeesh! Who knows what he would have got. I was upfront and he knew what exactly he was getting. I think it's also important to note ND gun shows seem to lack black rifles.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What does it have to do with honesty?  If someone is willing to pay that price then the rifle is worth that much to them.  As the show would have gone on and people asked I would have kept lowering the price until I could get them sold.  Its called bargaining.  It just so happened someone jumped at my original price.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What does it have to do with honesty?  If someone is willing to pay that price then the rifle is worth that much to them.  As the show would have gone on and people asked I would have kept loering the price until I could get them sold.  Its called bargaining.  It just so happened someone jumped at my original price.

Exactly, while we may be willing to scrounge parts, and put our time and energy into building a rifle for $500- 600, not every one wants to attempt to build one for whatever reason. If they aren't willing to build one, and they don't want to pay $800 - $1200 bucks for a Bushy or a Colt, then they might think your rifle is a good value for under $800.
If you look at it from that aspect, then the pre-mentioned $675 was probably a real steal in someone's eyes.

It's all a matter of perspective, supply and demand.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

fraken build

Arn't they all
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Right on, Dace. If one of us spends the time and knowledge to find good deals on the EE, which enables us to build a black rifle relatively cheaply, there's nothing "dishonest" about selling it for "market value", which is basically what a buyer is willing to spend. (We're assuming here that there is no misrepresentation of the product).

Major caveat : no one should make a habit of this - building guns with the intention of reselling them is a BATF no-no.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fraken build

Arn't they all

mostly but when you try and sell it you usually dont expect much. i know i sure dont.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
+1 on the gunshow.

I had one of mine (franken-AR on Stag lower) that I had $580 in to.  A guy didn't even give a second thought and reached for his wallet when I said $750 for my AR. He was happy and so was I.

AFAIAC, I had one of the best ARs at the show, and at the lowest price by $100. I made my money and he got a good quality rifle. Had he purchased from other people, yeesh! Who knows what he would have got. I was upfront and he knew what exactly he was getting. I think it's also important to note ND gun shows seem to lack black rifles.

Yeah, no kidding, but theres always the one guy at the Bismarck fun shows that has a Ma Duece on a mount, and a piece of paper that says "If I could find a bigger rack, id put it in my truck!" lol

Anyways, id say $500 if selling to people on Arfcom EE, but if like at a Gun Show, id say $700ish like Spartan... never know whos gonna be gullible enough to buy a franken gun at a Gun show...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#20]
After getting all the feed back thus far I am going to see if any one is interested for around 700 with everything but not expecting that much.   Also the gun show is a good idea.  

Thanks again for the input.  

I didn't expect to actually get this good of a response... and more is always welcome.

ANB
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#21]
im sent
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top