Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 1:04:59 PM EDT
Hi Gents!

Read a lot about buffers and reducing rycling rate.

I ordered a RRA 16" Midlenght. Of course, I hope for no ( Zero ) problems...

Where may I BUY those different weight buffers I read from?? I already have a Wolff CAR spring kit.

At Brownells I find nothing, EE won´t sell to Europe, WHERE???

Thanks in advance, Hermann
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells sell the 9mm buffer, which is what many people are using without complaint....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I´m an old time Brownell´s customer.

Can´t find it at their online catalogue. Please help me. Also: who else sells different weight ( fixed! ) buffers?

Thanks, H
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my LMT H Buffer from Denny's Guns , unless there is a problem shipping AR parts out of the country, drop him a line, you can find him in the Industry Section.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
i have used the h-buffers but now use the mgi rate reducing buffer.

twl sells them in the equipment exchange in the "lowers" section
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a standard buffer in my PAWS RR. Runs fine.. ROF is around 800 or thereabouts.. Heavy or hydraulic buffer would slow it down...  Olympic Arms sells the hydraulic buffer.. I think)

Try the 9mm buffer from Brownells like Stickman said.. Im gonna bet you wont have a problem with the standard buffer though..
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:41:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

how do you like the mgi buffer?

I just got mine in the mail yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:06:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

love it!  cant live without one. all of my rifles have them now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hi Gents!

Read a lot about buffers and reducing rycling rate.

I ordered a RRA 16" Midlenght. Of course, I hope for no ( Zero ) problems...

Where may I BUY those different weight buffers I read from?? I already have a Wolff CAR spring kit.

At Brownells I find nothing, EE won´t sell to Europe, WHERE???

Thanks in advance, Hermann

I use a Wolf CAR extra power buffer spring and a RRA 9mm buffer in my 7.5'' 5.56 pistol. The combo helped slow things down and help with reliability. The only problem I had is that the 9mm buffer body is somewhat larger in dia. than a standard CAR buffer. This made it hard to get the buffer into the spring. When I got the spring on it would bind and restrict the bolt travel. I solved this by twisting the spring "open" about half way down the spring. Twist the spring in the opposite direction of the wind. This is kind of tough to do, a good pair of leather work gloves help. It works great for my pistol, dont know if it will work for you. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So did I, along with the 2x buffer springs. I haven't yet had a chance to try them out yet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#10]
The Enidine hydraulic buffer is distributed by Buffer Tech. G&R Tactical i think are dealers.  Not sure what sort of paper you need to ship it out the US (but I will soon......)

Hope to be getting some 'pseudo-sceince' test results next week.

SImon
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I´m an old time Brownell´s customer.

Can´t find it at their online catalogue.
Thanks, H

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5574&title=CAR-15+COUNTERWEIGHT+BUFFER
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So did I, along with the 2x buffer springs. I haven't yet had a chance to try them out yet.

i have another mgi buffer coming along with the 2x spring also gonna use in my 9mm coming
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I have buffer issues with my A2 CMP Service Rfile and mostly, the loads I have developed.  These have much higher prot pressures from the slower propellents and heavy bullets.

What I did was pull the standard 5.15 ounce buffer apart and duplicated the weights with lead instead of steel.  I also bumped the diameter up to allow only 0.001" clearance.  I used a 50/50 mix of Linotype and wheelweights for a good hardness level.  They were rough cast at 0.555" and turned to 0.550.  The weights are oiled and used with the stock rubber washers.  With the oil and tight clearances, there is some degree of viscous damping as well as the dead-blow effect.

Buffer weight went from 5.15 ounces to 8.0.  It won't function correctly with some of my lightest loads but those I rarely use and can swap out the buffer with a stock model, if necessary.  That load is 23 grains of H322 with a 53 grain MK.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#14]
HOLY CRAP $59.00 for that buffer!  Rock River Arms sells 9mm buffers for $25.00 and with my LEO discount it was like $17-18 and with shipping it bounced back to $25.00.  Brownells web-site sucks, you have to pay for their book,  and it takes too much time to locate anything in their book too!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top