Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:44:24 AM EDT
I am thinking about getting a handguard system from JP rifles.  Anyone use one???  If so, a report on how they handle, feel shed heat ect would be great and pics would be a bonus!

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3549/myar1.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3549/myar2.jpg

**Sorry for the cruddy picture quality. They were taken by my camera phone. I'll snap a few when I get home with the digi.

This is the older version of the JP free float hand guard, although I absolutely love it. The feel, fit, and finish is extremely high quality. Heat dissipation is a non-issue as I rarely rapid fire the thing, but after my recent trip to the range I put roughly 400 rounds through it in a 3 hour timespan and I did not burn my hands handling the rifle.

As far as improved accuracy goes, I am hitting 1/2" and less 3 round groupings at 100 yards with cheap chinese-made ebay NCstar optics.

Install was a breeze, the hardest part was removing the stock barrell nut.

I got my JP shipped along with the JP adjustable gas block. Dealing with the folks at JP was very pleasant, and I will definately buy from them in the future. This free float is ideal for those who want a sleek-looking and better heat resistant handguard than the factory handguad, along with the added functionality of adding rails for accessories and easy-attachment of a bipod that you can choose the pivot point (I moved the harris closer to the breach for faster target aquisition for prone shooting).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top