Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 6:49:53 PM EDT
I have a Rock River match rifle, post-ban, with SS barrel, no bayonet lug and no suppressor.  Would threading and adding an A2-style suppressor affect the accuracy of the rifle?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Messing with the muzzle in any way has the potential of affecting accuracy.  If it is truly a match rifle, leave it alone.  Many of the match rifles I see are plain muzzles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If threaded correctly, the crown will be untouched, and accuracy shouldn't change.  However, I've heard some stuff about flash suppressors affecting accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a Rock River match rifle, post-ban, with SS barrel, no bayonet lug and no suppressor.  Would threading and adding an A2-style suppressor affect the accuracy of the rifle?  Thanks!

As long as you do not touch the crown, machine the threads concentric to the bore, and use loctite instead of raw torque to keep the FH on, you'll be OK.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I concur with SWO-Daddy.

Installation of a flash suppressor will not adversely effect accuracy so long as the installation is done correctly.

However, if the installation is done just a little bit incorrectly, you're screwed. Do not have this done by just anybody. Send your rifle to one of the pros. There are a bunch to pick from on this site.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I knew that, if possible, it would need to be done by someone that knows what the heck they are doing.  Think I'll drop ADCO a line.  They did a fine job with removing the faux suppressor on my RR TE and replacing it with a Phantom.  Thanks for all the advice.  
Heath
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top