Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 6:38:44 PM EDT
I'm torn and would like some input.  Should I put an A2 stock or collapsible?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If I were going to go to a fixed stock, I'd go A1.  The A2s are just too long.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thats what I meant then, I want the shorter stock, just got them confused, thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want shorter, that's what the collapsables are for.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm something of an anachronism I guess, but I started off with a fixed collapsable stock which I didn't mind that much, switched to an A2, which I found to be more comfortable than the previous fixed stock.  I also enjoyed the ability to carry cleaning gear in the trapdoor compartment.  I also eventually picked up a four-position CAR stock, which I tried out a couple of times, but couldn't quite convince myself that I liked it more than my A2.  So I presently have an A2-stocked carbine.  Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd also go the A1 route.  I've thought about building myself a dissy and if\when I do I will either go with an A1 or a Vltor.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Dang, I must be the only person that doesn't have a problem with the length of A2 stocks.

Hell, I like 'em and I'm working on aquiring parts for another rifle with an A2 stock on it.

However, I voted for the collapsible because a 16" carbine shouldn't have a fixed stock.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm all for A2 stock but than again I lik'em better than telestocks. Its what fits you the best. But a dissy does look good with a telestock. I'm gonna build one of those next.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dang, I must be the only person that doesn't have a problem with the length of A2 stocks.

Hell, I like 'em and I'm working on aquiring parts for another rifle with an A2 stock on it.

However, I voted for the collapsible because a 16" carbine shouldn't have a fixed stock.

WIZZO

I like the A2 stock too for my own self.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Dissy's are my favorite, but I don't own one yet.

Full sight radius, carbine length barrel, A2 Buttstock. Whats not to like.

I'd definately go with the A3 upper though for optics. Even if you decide to use the A3 handle.

HS1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top