BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/18/2005 6:23:11 AM EDT
I was curious if anyone has mounted a shotgun or any other weapon on their AR's. If you guys have any pictures I'd love to see them. I am also curious what modifications are necessary to do it as well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
TDI makes a mount to put a handgun under your AR.  
Tried it out- looks frikin cool, but not really so good. at first thought that it is good for if main craps out, but if i am in a situation where i am using the ar instead of the pistol, it means that i needed the ar and not the pistol.
but still- looks really cool.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have always wondered about those mounts.  If you mount a handgun to something with a stock, doesn't that make it a SBR?
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to mount an M1A to my M4.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have always wondered about those mounts.  If you mount a handgun to something with a stock, doesn't that make it a SBR?

Or at least an AOW.

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It should be banned!
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]

"Clear!"
"Clear!"

"Uh... so who's clearing the room?" BANG BANG
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Those are some sweet pictures. I'm not sure how practical a setup like that would be, but honestly I didn't get into AR's for the practicallity of it. I think a shotgun would be sweet but Im not sure where you could get one short enough to fit under the gun. Anyone know or have a setup like that?

Luke
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#9]
That is some of the gayest things I have ever seen
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I rather have my pistol or secondary weapon holstered than have it hanging in my AR. In close quarters, they might pull it (more than likely you would have both hands in your rifle for recoil purposes) and use it against you. If my pistol is holstered, I can always smack someone with my rifle (if I don't shoot them first). Just my 2 cents!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#12]
That is the most retarded shit I've ever seen.  That's even stupider than that rotating stock thing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That is the most retarded shit I've ever seen.  That's even stupider than that rotating stock thing.

No Kidding!!

Why not just mount this one....................

(what rotating stock thing? do you mean the folding vert grip?..)
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, that might have just about the same effect.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Kidding!!

Why not just mount this one....................

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/suicidegun.bmp

(what rotating stock thing? do you mean the folding vert grip?..)

LOL

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Biiiiiiiig +1.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I've seen one of those on an MP5.  Stupid!

By the way, dont go mounting a pistol on your ar unless your an LEO or have the pistol registered as an AOW.  Mounting a pistol on an AR is like putting a stock on a glock.  Thats a no no.  Pistols can not have stocks...period.  without the proper paperwork that is
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Sight alignment - trigger control.  But which trigger????  And where's the sight for the pistol????  Oh, ya, the trusty M6 with the laser.  But which bullet do you zero the laser dot to - your rifle bullet or your pistol bullet????

I'd probably be quicker and more effective by simply dropping my rifle down on sling and going for the pistol in the holster.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That is some of the gayest things I have ever seen

+1
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Ok, you got me with that one.
I almost spit soda all over the monitor.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They aren't. I've seen the company advertise them to departments. They have the same setup with a Taser under the barrel.

I can kind-of, sort-of see the rational for mounting a less-lethal option under a carbine...almost.

The mounted pistols are just silly.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#27]
All I can say - I'd love to be a fly on the wall when a marketing rep walked in to sell that crap.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#28]
how do you clear a FTE from the pistol?
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I allready posted who makes that setup- the one shown is the TDI one, it might be sold under a different name, but I saw where TDI makes it on their factory floor- in Mishmar HaSheva outside Tel Aviv.  I got a sample one to show around my unit, and we all agreed that its supercool to walk around like that, cause everyone thinks you are the most hardcore ever, but that practically it is stoopid.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

By the way, dont go mounting a pistol on your ar unless your an LEO or have the pistol registered as an AOW.  Mounting a pistol on an AR is like putting a stock on a glock.  Thats a no no.  Pistols can not have stocks...period.  without the proper paperwork that is

Pistol with a stock would mean SBR (a gun with a stock with a barrel less than 16").
-jls7
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#31]
The pistols are stupid, but does anyone know about the mounting of a shotgun, similar to the picture posted by Hank. The taser mount is pretty cool too I would like to see that. Actually I would like to see pictures of any mounts anyone has.  Thanks,

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Check this thread for comments on usefulness of a masterkey.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=241603

You can buy one here.

http://impactguns.com/store/knights_masterkey.html
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Not to plug my own thread or anything, but here's a new version of the Masterkey concept that is in some stage of development:

Idaho Integrated Breaching Shotgun thread

Mike
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#34]

would you like to take a full power shot from this
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Not to plug my own thread or anything, but here's a new version of the Masterkey concept that is in some stage of development:

Idaho Integrated Breaching Shotgun thread

Mike

there is also the XM26 LSS (Lightweight Shotgun System)

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/JordanBowles/sqfa.jpg

would you like to take a full power shot from this

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Remington Military is doing one of these now.  I have one on the way for T&E for a future article in Small Arms Review Magazine.

Here is the direct link to the Remington Mudular Combat Shotgun (MCS) Website

I hope this helps.

Jeff Z
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Nope.  A pistol can NEVER be a Rifle, even a Short Barreled Rifle.  When you add a stock to a pistol its an AOW or an illegal NFA weapon.  Similarly, a rifle can NEVER be a pistol, save for a Short Barrel Rifle.  Clear as Mud?  Long story short NEVER put one of these to use on your non registered pistol.  But if you want to buy one...there on gunbroker for like 350 I think.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pistol with a stock would mean SBR (a gun with a stock with a barrel less than 16").
-jls7

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I would rather have one weapon and be really proficient in it than to have two weapons and be ok at them.  (unless we are talking an M203)
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The pistols are stupid, but does anyone know about the mounting of a shotgun, similar to the picture posted by Hank. The taser mount is pretty cool too I would like to see that. Actually I would like to see pictures of any mounts anyone has.  Thanks,

Just to note for the record that I have never handled one, but I would think the mounting of a shotgun would make the weapon really heavy, and not much of an added benefit unless you plan on blasting down a lot of doors.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, you got me with that one.
I almost spit soda all over the monitor.

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Nice weapon Raffica! Anyone remember Arnold' "End of Days" movie? I like the MP5/203 combo he had also.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Nope.  A pistol can NEVER be a Rifle, even a Short Barreled Rifle.  When you add a stock to a pistol its an AOW or an illegal NFA weapon.  Similarly, a rifle can NEVER be a pistol, save for a Short Barrel Rifle.  Clear as Mud?  Long story short NEVER put one of these to use on your non registered pistol.  But if you want to buy one...there on gunbroker for like 350 I think.

Quoted:

Quoted:

-jls7

A pistol can be a rifle. Add a 16" barrel and stock. Look st Thompson Contendrs and the Carbine kits for 1911s.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Homeland Defense uses these.

Department Of The Redundacy Department.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Ahh, I didnt think of that!  Thanks for bringing me up to speed.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-jls7

A pistol can be a rifle. Add a 16" barrel and stock. Look st Thompson Contendrs and the Carbine kits for 1911s.

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Aint ARFCOM Great
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But isn't there some rule that  says a pistol can become a rifle, but a rifle can't become a pistol? Or something?

(It's incredibly stupid that we have to even talk about this stuff. Damn ATF and Congress).
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Yep I think thats it.   And yep this is a ridiculous subject

Quoted:
But isn't there some rule that  says a pistol can become a rifle, but a rifle can't become a pistol? Or something?

(It's incredibly stupid that we have to even talk about this stuff. Damn ATF and Congress).

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Homeland Defense uses these.

Department Of The Redundacy Department.

It's actually the Department of Redundancy Department of Redundancy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top