Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 6:53:58 PM EDT
I've got a buddy that I copped with several years ago, we see each other at a local fun show and I come to find out that he has a gun shop in a  local city.  We get to talking and my partner and I would like to be able to do transfers (my other "partner" is in Iraq, its a long story) and I was asking if he would be interested in working together.  He is good to go on this, but while we are talking (thru the weeks between shows) he informs me that the ATF has done their annual inspection and while they are there he asked about lower receivers and transfers.

The ATF (3 person team, 1F/2M) inform him that they are "concerned" about these types of transfers (stripped lowers) and the NFA issues with them, "they don't know what will be done with these".  He tells me this and I'm standing there just shaking my head.  I feel like anything I said to him would argumentative to him.  All I do is laugh and ask him how they control a complete AR and what happens to it?  I also advise him that stripped lower receivers are shown EXACTLY the same as a completed rifle on the 4473.  I can't believe these people do this stuff!  

I will be set up shortly as a "responsible person" shortl with his business.  I hope it goes smoothly.  The FFL we had been working with before has been less than dependable.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Who was that moron running his mouth, I guess it was in GD, saying that we should individually pay for more training for the authorities to know the laws, and if we weren't suggesting solutions then we were part of the problem.  He'd love to get in on this story.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who was that moron running his mouth, I guess it was in GD, saying that we should individually pay for more training for the authorities to know the laws, and if we weren't suggesting solutions then we were part of the problem.  He'd love to get in on this story.

I didn't catch that discussion, but damn they're the ATF, they deal in firearms, thats their job that their paid for, they SHOULD know the laws already!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll bet if you look at the qualifications to be a BATFE agent, they aren't that and a bag of chips.

Most aren't Mulder and Scully, that's for sure (yes I know they were FBI).

It's common knowledge that Nepotism runs rampant in the major government agencies, so it would not be surprising that qualifications and  legal knowledge are not what they should be with individual agents.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't catch that discussion, but damn they're the ATF, they deal in firearms, thats their job that their paid for, they SHOULD know the laws already!!!!!!!

One suspects that is Ellery's point.

G23c
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I typed in a bunch of stuff but decided to just shut up.  Suffice it to say, we are moving forward.  I'm going to be getting set up ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I typed in a bunch of stuff but decided to just shut up.  Suffice it to say, we are moving forward.  I'm going to be getting set up ASAP.

Good luck with your business venture.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top