Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 8:18:52 PM EDT
I have noticed that my Armalite AR10-A4 lower has a "white/frosted" look to it. Is this just a case of needing TLC/preventive maintenance of is something wrong with the phosphate? Should I take this up with Armalite or is it just the "nature" of the beast? Thanks in advance......Trapfan
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Had the same problem with my "sweet heart" until we started taking showers after sex.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got a Rock River 6 pos stock and the metal sling loop was white frosted  as you described your upper is.I had to paint it flat black to make it match anything.Must be in the finishing process,i wouldnt dout they were likely finished in the same place somewhere or the same finish was used.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried some CLP or similar.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

ditto
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1
That should solve it.   I did have an old Bushmaster upper which was notorious for drying up and turning white much quicker than everything else in the safe, but a little oil always brought it back to life.

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top