Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:20:29 PM EDT
Does anyone have any info on these? Any first hand reports?

I looked at Socommfg.com, and they don't even have working pictures of the receivers. They also don't have any price listings either (probably expensive).

If anyone could include info on them (especially price, stripped and complete), I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, i got one sitting on the sofa here with me actually. The color, slightly purple, but really not too bad at all. Heavy compaired to a normal lower, but for a bench gun, it is just right. The price? you can get them on guntrader.com for like $250 I think? I like it because the trigger group is adjustable for overtravel. Also, it has a jacking screw to tighten the upper against the lower. For a SHTF lower, it is a terrible idea. For a range gun, it is a great idea. Let me know if you want more info...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The SOCOM lowers are great.  I know one of the owners, Ernest, and he is a really good guy to deal with.  They manufacture the lowers in North Augusta, SC, and even offer a side charging upper.  

I don't own a SOCOM lower (yet), but I have been very impressed with them.  Pretty much all the pins are held in with set screws, and the lowers are set up to allow infinite adjustments on the trigger (for overtravel and such).  I tried out a few with standard AR triggers, and they felt great.  You can pretty much buy one of these lowers and not need a 2-stage or single stage trigger.  For a target/varmint lower, they cannot be beat.  As far as a battle rifle, they may be too heavy.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
they sell them on gunbroker for 259 with rock river parts kit pretty good deal
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
for like $250 I think

Interested in:
Diamond Series Lower

Ok, thank you.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top