Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2004 2:15:50 PM EDT
Here's a pic of it.  I want one like this or simular.  Anyone know where I can get it?  I want to put one on my Colt AR15 HBAR 20" (i think it's 20").

thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 12/28/2004 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
JP Rifles

www.jprifles.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I swear they come up with the strangest things for the AR
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
wow, that was quick!  thanks!

is there anything out there that is a little cheaper than that?  For the price on that site, I think I'd rather get a 4 rail handguard.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Try this one.  It's close, but not nearly as cool looking.

Bushmaster Varminter Handguard
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
looks good to me!  i guess i'll post up a "wanted" ad in the EE.  I just want that handguard and a harris bipod and my HBAR will be done!  

does installation of any of these handguards require removal of the front sight assembly?  if so, how hard is it to remove and re-install it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't like the feel of those things. Just feel  weird.
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I belive Brownells has them..
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
does installation of any of these handguards require removal of the front sight assembly?  if so, how hard is it to remove and re-install it?

yes along with the delta ring, flash suppresor and a few other items. you'll need some tools and a  vice, but it can be done. how hard something is to do depends on the person doing it, I've seen people put lug nuts on backwards.
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I belive Brownells has them..

JP FF Handguard at Brownell's
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I can say that I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, so I'm not going to put a lug nut on backwards.    I like the last one that was shown.  I'm guessing since it's a 2 piece, it goes on just like the OEM handguards?  

Link Posted: 12/28/2004 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Try this one.  It's close, but not nearly as cool looking.

Bushmaster Varminter Handguard

I just put one of the Bushy Varminters on my Colt 1/7 20" tonight, took me about 5 minutes...well, maybe 10. Went on slick as snot. Took off the FSB without removing the gas tube from it, took off the slip ring assembly, just screwed the locking rings and stuff on and it was lined up perfectly. Slipped the FSB back on, in went the pins, viola...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]
They have them at fulton-armory.com/]. just go to FAR-15 in the index and look at the handguard float tubes
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top