BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2004 12:20:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you need to be more specific as to what you are looking for, i.e., plinking, target shooting, competition, hunting, etc.  But yes, Bushmaster makes a good quality firearm overall.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Target and hunting.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
make sure to get a noban version
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What's a noban version?
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
No ban/pre-ban = Flash Suppressor and Bayonette Lug

Also a collapsable stock depending on if you are looking at a carbine or a rifle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]
But isn't the ban over.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But isn't the ban over.

the ban is over. so make sure to get that lightweigh with an A1 flash hider, collapsable stock,  and bayo lug.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But isn't the ban over.

the ban is over. so make sure to get that lightweigh with an A1 flash hider, collapsable stock,  and bayo lug.

The Ban isn't over everywhere , and could very well be coming to a state near you
soon
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, it's good.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
But isn't the ban over.

The Ban isn't over everywhere , and could very well be coming to a state near you
soon

I know it's not over anywhere, but figured he wasn't  in CA or NY or anything.

And I think AK is pretty safe
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Is this a good gun?www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2y16sl.asp

Nah, it's not for you.  That thing shoots bullets, not paintballs.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

i say that it is not a good gun for the intended purpose of target/hunting

why handicap yourself?  get a full size 20" AR.  it's not like an AR is a heavy, clumsy weapon.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#16]
its VERY good

+1 for no-ban features!
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Is this a good gun?

NO.

This is a good GUN.

What you are referring to is a good RIFLE, not a GUN.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh.  Is this a good RIFLE.  
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2s20.asp
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes but why get it in postban configuration? Do you live in a state that still has a ban in force?
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/bcwa3f16m4.jpg

According to Webster's dictionary...
1 a : a piece of ordnance usually with high muzzle velocity and comparatively flat trajectory b : a portable firearm (as a rifle or handgun) c : a device that throws a projectile

So, yes, a rifle is a gun.  Go peddle your basic training brainwashing propaganda to people who are supposed to think for themselves!

Next you will say that a handGUN isn't a gun, and a shotGUN isn't a gun.

Marriam-Webster's Dictionary : Gun
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 a : a piece of ordnance usually with high muzzle velocity and comparatively flat trajectory b : a portable firearm (as a rifle or handgun) c : a device that throws a projectile

So, yes, a rifle is a gun.  Go peddle your basic training brainwashing propaganda to people who are supposed to think for themselves!

Jeebus, do you have a lame ass excuse to call a mag a clip too?
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I am sick of people getting hung up on not calling rifles 'guns' becuase they were brainwashed by 'sarge'.  They need to learn the English language from a more reliable source than the U.S. Army.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

actually, No it isnt. (since the ban is dead)

Get this one (below)
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16.asp
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#25]
But, I don't really like the folding stocks nor do I need one.  But thanks anyway.  And now I'm looking for a  full size not a carbine.
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously you never served, or if you did, you evidently didn't learn anything from "sarge".
Most experienced NCO's (or "sarge" to you) have forgotten more about "GUNS" than you will ever know. They are the backbone of our Armed Forces and they are not to be disrespected.
If it makes you happy call it what you want then, it's a free country (thanks to "sarge" in no small degree).

Furthermore you won't see the M16 or M4 called a "GUN" anywhere in TM 9-1005-319-23, TM 9-1005-319-10, MIL-C-70599A or FM 23-9. I'll take the terminology used in these publications over Mirriam-Webster any day.

Edited for tact
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#27]
DR_:

If you believe what you say then you should change your tagline to read "Sig Arms Handfirearms are like volvos..."
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
But, I don't really like the folding stocks nor do I need one.  But thanks anyway.  And now I'm looking for a  full size not a carbine.

The one you posted is fine, actually the two you posted were fine. The only thing to keep in mind is to make sure you get one with a threaded bbl. Unless you live in a state that has it's own version of the AWB.
That's what everyone keeps trying to point out.
As long as you don't buy a Hesse, or a cast oly, most people won't be too hard on you for whatever you decide.
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Which ever rifle you choose, be sure to get one with the factory installed silicon treated receiver gaskets and tactical black moly flash hider bearings.  A mag well stretcher should be part of your order as well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#30]
*jiggles AR-15, then crotch while saying* "This is my rifle, THIS is my gun!"  Couldn't resist the Full metal jacket referance.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
*jiggles AR-15, then crotch while saying* "This is my rifle, THIS is my gun!"  Couldn't resist the Full metal jacket referance.

No, you couldn't resist jiggling your crotch.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#32]
OK I think yo should guet it. If you wat a full size the bushmaster is the way to go. My advice though is to get it with a detachable cary handle. Don't do what my father did, spend the extra money, it will be worth it in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#34]
This is what I am getting next:
Saving Pennies
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Saving Pennies

Why........?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I am sick of people getting hung up on not calling rifles 'guns' becuase they were brainwashed by 'sarge'.  They need to learn the English language from a more reliable source than the U.S. Army.

The English language has nothing to do with it. It is something called RESPECT that a infantryman learns to have for the weapon that will someday save his life. When it comes right down to it, the rifle is all you can depend on.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#37]
And by the way, I never called one of my NCO's "Sarge".
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#38]
You military guys get over it, just because in the service you were forbidden to use the term gun for small arms, doesn't mean we can't.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Saving Pennies

Why........?

Ah...........it was a joke.........maybe
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Most experienced NCO's (or "sarge" to you) have forgotten more about "GUNS" than you will ever know.

Not in my experience, but that's just my experience.  I knew less about guns after a year in the Army than I did while I was in college.  I refer to my issued M4, M24 and SPR  as "guns" every chance I get.

Paintball,

Why not a carbine?  Why not a collapsible stock?  I hate to see a good man go bad.
Seriously, though, I do prefer the carbines and folding, threaded, telescoping stuff.  Assuming that you can legally own them where you are, I think the carbine with no-ban stuff is cool.  The A2 setup is just so large.  Then again, I love my 20" A2 very much.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeebus, do you have a lame ass excuse to call a mag a clip too?

Well, since you asked;

Main Entry: (2) clip
Function: noun

2 : a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

Marriam-Webster's Dictionary : Clip

To me, handguns have clips, rifles have mags but it works both ways according to good ole Webster.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Well, since you asked;
2 : a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm
To me, handguns have clips, rifles have mags but it works both ways according to good ole Webster.

LOL!  Good response.  The only thing funnier is that it's actually gonna piss someone off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Is this a good gun?www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2s20.asp

HELL YES! It's a Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I want to know about Lexicography I'll ask Webster's

When I want to know firearm/weapon terminology I'll ask a Marine.

The DR_ is correct a GUN is a crew served weapon (Artillery or MachineGun), just because the limp wristed latte drinking bafoons at Webster's don't know the difference doen'st matter a whit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

The only thing I don't like is the narrow CAR handguards, but that's mainly a personal preference type of thing. For me, the fatter M4 handguards are better.

I own that exact Bushmaster upper in a no-ban configuration (aside from the handguards) and like it a lot. It's light, handy, and very quick.

If you could see yourself installing optics down the road youmight want to consider the same upper, but in a flattop configuration.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#46]
+1
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I just watched that a few min ago....and last night. And the day before. I have seen that movie WAY to much. It gets me pumped up to lift for some reason.

As for the gun selection...if you want a carbine get one. They are accurate, lightweight, and good for CQC. I have a 16'' now and eventually plan on getting a 20'' a2.

You don't have to get a telestock.  I have a 6 position stock and a a2 stock. And I keep the A2 stock on my gun all the time. I like its solid feel better. But the 6 position will get its own lower soon when I order one
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, since you asked;

LOL!  Good response.  The only thing funnier is that it's actually gonna piss someone off.

You can lead a horse to water...
If you all want to sound ignorant, well, it's a free country.

Great answer Forest.

FWIW a word can make it into the dictionary based on common usage. That in no way makes the word a proper technical term. It merely points to it's popularity as slang.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Go look at RB precisions site you can get a RRA for a couple hundred clams less and get a NM trigger,might have to wait but RRA is as good the bushy.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top