Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 2:34:12 PM EDT
How do you see LMT as a AR manufacturer?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
My personal favorite.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]
+1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My personal favorite.

For me, they follow only Colt. Now, I must admit to date all my LMT based uppers are custom built, MRP being to exception ( and to date its a real deal piece of hardware). I have had exclusively Colt rifles/carbines with the exception of one BM prior. All run 100%, save the BM. I ditched the BM upper in the '97 time frame for a Colt and the combo has run 100%. I will not own another BM upper + BM BCG and that is period. Their current lowers appear to be good (I have picked up two since 9/13), compared to the "now old BM lower I have". I have not tried one of the LMT lowers as they have been relatively hard to get to date. But I will. I have a rack grade LMT upper on order and will post side by side pics with a Colt (for those that equate pretty=whatever).
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I concur with everything said so far.

If I were to not buy LMT, then it would have to be Colt.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I voted for "All in All their stuff is as good as any.  No company is perfect".

My vote does not show what I really wanted, which is "Their products are top notch, but no company is perfect".

I'd purchase from them again.

-Jim
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#7]
They have made parts for many AR manufacturers......many as in a lot.

I had an upper that wasn't so hot, but that is just one upper out of thousands made.......

I would go with them again if the prices were right and the features matched what I was looking for...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my lower today. Looks as good as the upper. I have to say that I'm impressed with what I got. I'll see how good it shoots this weekend. I'm getting the digital camera tonight so I'll post up pics soon.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:49:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I rated them as a crap shoot simply because I have gotten some items from them that should not have made it through QC IMO.

That said, they have great potential. I'm hoping they are just going through some growing pains and will straighten these issues out asap. If they do and at the same time expand their line some, they can easily knock Colt off of their imaginary throne.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I personally think that CMT quality is 10X better than LMT
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I got my LMT 10.5" upper last April.  Anodizing was inconsistent in color (BFD).  Reliability was 100%.

It was not meant to be a beauty queen, it was meant to be a shooter, so I really didn't care how it looked as long as it was 100% reliable.

Will probably end up with a 14.5" LMT upper just so I can put a can on it...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I am very happy with my LMT stuff, but then again I don't get to caught up in looks but does it run.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I personally think that CMT quality is 10X better than LMT

Ummmm no.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Comestic wise, i think it looks great.  Function wise, i will give it a 4/10 at the moment.

At the moment, my LMT upper is having problems loading a new magazine, and will having malfunctions.  Talking to LMT at the moment to get the issue resolved.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I recently purchased an LMT M4A3 ...So far I love it!! I noticed a few flaws in the machining..noticable mill marks on the upper rail!! ohhhh no!! Its junk...what BS!! I know that some guys have given LMT a hard road to hold on the finish..But I have one thing to say!!! ITS A WEAPON NOT A CADILLAC!! I have read the threads about how there are issues feeding ammo in their uppers...You might try to bust the rust off those Veitnam era mags and try it again...

I got my LMT on a Friday...by Saturday evening I had shot 1000 rounds of mixed ammo..55 gr Winchester,62 gr ss109,63 gr Swiss,69 gr federal,69 gr hand loads,75 gr somethings, 77 gr Federal and 77 gr hand loads. Never a hicup!!! I did this through different battery positions, Fast mag changes,mix match loaded mags,extremely dry, and extremely lubricated conditions!! Not one issue to mention!! I did not lube the bolt until after 500 rounds were fired...This is my function test! And guess what??  The damn thing did its job!!I did lose some accuracy after about 300 rounds fired due to the barrel fouling out..but that is to be expected!

I came home after shooting the shit out of this thing..cleaned it,oiled it up and I looked at the finish on both upper and lower...I noticed something extraordinary when it comes to most AR's...they both match in color!!BLACK AS COAL!!Also, No need for an Accuwedge as the upper and lower fit like they should!!

For those of you guys thinking about buying an LMT..If all you want to do is sit around and look at how "PURDY" it is...don't buy one!! GET A COLT!!

If you want to shoot and shoot and shoot with knowing your weapon WILL FIRE!!! BUY LMT!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top