Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 12:15:55 PM EDT
It was going on a post ban 9mm setup so I inquired as to whether we could have the stock 'fixed' in a near collapsed position.  viper came through in FLYING colors, even modding the battery tubes with suction covers, o-rings and all.  The stock is wonderful and the workmanship of viper is top notch,  He's a great guy to deal with.  The pics speak for themselves....

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
red x
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Also:  Your Crane Stock Album link asks for a password to access it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking rig you have there, chapperjoe.

Stock work looks factory.

It is ironic that many collapsible stock users end up with their stock in a single shooting position, given the fact that few have the complication of body armor, etc. to require changing the LOP.

But I am curious as to why you would stake yours, and limit that option?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Hogue Grip
RRA 223 lower
RRA 9mm upper
ATN digital ultra dot
G2 with shock bezel, clicker tailcap, YHM offset mount and weaver-brand double ring mount
Surefire M73 rail system
Fake silencer
Swan sleeve std on top with buis
Crane clone stock on the back
No sling cause this is a toy, not a weapon
And I just got 6 colt mags ($o$u$c$h$) and 10 uzi mags converted to BHO on last round.

Problem is this sweet setup is postban and I live in a perma-ban state.
I like the length of the entry stock, but wanted the sopmod options.  This was a perfect choice for me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
That rifle looks sweet Chapper.. Glad I could help ya out on the stock. i think your the only one who i sold a post ban set up to that has actualy posted pics........ Ive got a couple more tubes, just gota get enough stocks to keep up and ill be good to go.... Didnt think the stocks would take off like they did........
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
since yall like the pics, I've got tons more.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]

that's all i got ya leetches.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Your photos came out nice.  

So I take it your battery tubes are also fixed or glued into the stock?   It looks like it now works the way a Vltor does.    Here's a pic of the same replica stock with storage tube removed, next to a genuine LMT:

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I literally bought a new camera JUST for arfkom.  I was getting jealous of my fuzzy pics next to everyone's real ones!

The battery tubes ARE fixed, and I get them in and out just like my four vltors.
Cheek weld is almost exactly the same on both.  I love both brands and jus tbought an ACE socom and magpul 93A for comparison.

I paid for the alterations, but as you can see, it's top notch work.
And I don't have to worry abou using a clone stock cause it's a 9mm, though I haven't heard ANY complaints on viper's thread from those who use it on 223 either.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hogue Grip
RRA 223 lower
RRA 9mm upper
ATN digital ultra dot
G2 with shock bezel, clicker tailcap, YHM offset mount and weaver-brand double ring mount
Surefire M73 rail system
Fake silencer
Swan sleeve std on top with buis
Crane clone stock on the back
No sling cause this is a toy, not a weapon
And I just got 6 colt mags ($o$u$c$h$) and 10 uzi mags converted to BHO on last round.

Problem is this sweet setup is postban and I live in a perma-ban state.
I like the length of the entry stock, but wanted the sopmod options.  This was a perfect choice for me.

Fake silencer?  What's the point, just to look cool?  If it doesn't function, it seems kinda silly to stick it on there for looks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm all abou thte anti-airsoft / anti-tacpoint / anti fake-can crap.
But in this age of sunsets and perma bans a rifle with nothing on the end seems so weak.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#12]
What do those cost?  I like the old school CAR stock the best, but those have an old school look, with a new tecnhnology look to it....

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#13]
this custom stock was $110
Here's the thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=218028
But contact viper5194 , he is a great guy to deal with and communicates very well, quick responses, etc.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top