Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 9:29:53 AM EDT
My knowledge of Colt's AR-15 is limited, so bear with me please.

I bought my #6920 yesterday afternoon locally. The dealer said he would not sell me another or any other model at the same price. You know that is such bullshit. We can finally buy these damn rifles again and everybody is trying to pay the mortage on a single sale.

Did all #6920's come in a Blue bag with matching serial#? I have seen pictures of others in a clear platic bag, or was that a different model.

Why does my #6920 have a different bolt/carrier than my SP1 Carbine?

I'm a left handed shooter, can I make the swivel under front sight turn the other direction?

My serial# is in the 16,000 range is this a low or high serial#?

lumberjack
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll let you know next week when my is delivered. I'm pretty sure they come in a blue bag.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
#1 you already answerd
#2 It just is
#3 Yes, It is tention loaded
#4 higher than the 15000 yet lower than the 17000

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Because your 6920 is at least 30 years newer than your SP1..
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
my LE6920 came in a clear bag.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I am also a lefty.  The standard American carry style sling svivel in the front is used as is, it does not move around side to side.  The options I have used are the GG&G sling thing that sits inside the front sight/gas block.  It worked pretty well.  I have since drilled a hole and put in an Uncle Mikes sling stud in to the handguards and that works better and costs less (bipod stud $1 vs. $25 plus shipping for the GG&G piece).  I have since used a ff tube and the same sling stud on the hanguards.  The main advantage of the GG&G sling thing is that it's ambidextrous, you can attatch the sling on either side of the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm a left handed shooter, can I make the swivel under front sight turn the other direction?

lumberjack

Punch the pins out and turn it around then set the pins again.

Not too high not too low, Pull the hand guards off and check the barrel date stamped on it
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My knowledge of Colt's AR-15 is limited, so bear with me please.

I bought my #6920 yesterday afternoon locally. The dealer said he would not sell me another or any other model at the same price. You know that is such bullshit. We can finally buy these damn rifles again and everybody is trying to pay the mortage on a single sale.

Did all #6920's come in a Blue bag with matching serial#? I have seen pictures of others in a clear platic bag, or was that a different model.

lumberjack

Mine is a 17### serial number range,,came in a blue bag with matching number to gun and box,,had 2 30 rd. mags
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top