Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 8:58:14 AM EDT
Is "Phantom" Flash Suppressor/Hider a name brand or a style name?  In other words, are there different makers of Phantom or only one...

thanks,
Joe
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yankee Hill AFAIK.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking only one for the phantom.  Yankee Hill Machine

now for the Vortex it is only one, Smith Enterprises

m.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster sells them as "Izzy's", FH or MB, and DPMS sells them as "Panthers", but they are made by Yankee Hill. The real ones anyway, there are some copies out there, but they don't have any of the internal machining that makes them actually work.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you saying the Phantom FS and the Izzy FS are the same and both made by YH?

bradinnm
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you saying the Phantom FS and the Izzy FS are the same and both made by YH?

bradinnm

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Izzy'z are NOT Phantoms.  Izzys have 3 or 4 holes (depending on the unit), Phantoms have 5.

Phantom comes in 4 models.
1) with clean/squared end with 5 ports - no indexing needed (symetrical) YHM-29
2) with Tined/spiked end with 5 ports - no indexing needed (symetrical) YHM-28
3) with clean/squared end with 5 ports - indexing required (also acts like a brake) YHM-28-5C1
4) with Tined/spiked end with 5 ports - indexing required (also acts like a brake) YHM-28-5C2

Type 1's are only sold through Bushmaster.  Types 2-4 can be ordered from YHM or any YHM dealer  (I'm using a 5C2 on my M4gery thanks to BrightFlashlights).

YHM does list their 'Bushmaster only' products on their website and I don't see the Izzy.  Either it's too new to be on the site or some other contractor is providing it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
The Izzy was originally a break designed in house by someone at Bushmaster.  With the sunset they are now selling a Flash suppressor version of it.  Bushmaster also sells Phantoms.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Izzy'z are NOT Phantoms.  Izzys have 3 or 4 holes (depending on the unit), Phantoms have 5.

3) with clean/squared end with 5 ports - indexing required (also acts like a brake) YHM-28-5C1
4) with Tined/spiked end with 5 ports - indexing required (also acts like a brake) YHM-28-5C2

Type 1's are only sold through Bushmaster.  Types 2-4 can be ordered from YHM or any YHM dealer  (I'm using a 5C2 on my M4gery thanks to BrightFlashlights).

YHM does list their 'Bushmaster only' products on their website and I don't see the Izzy.  Either it's too new to be on the site or some other contractor is providing it.

don't the Type 2's (YHM-28) only have 4 ports?  

Edited to add that I just checked and they only have 4 ports/slots whatever.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Whoops!  You are correct - thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a problem.  I have the Type 1, Type 2 and will be getting a Type 4 here shortly
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not a problem.  I have the Type 1, Type 2 and will be getting a Type 4 here shortly

The Type 4s rock!  I just sent in my old M4 barrel to have one put on.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
So Bushmaster sells two different Izzy products, and Izzy FS and a Izzy MB or are they one product that acts as both, if so is the Izzy loud like the MBs we have all suffered with in the past?

bradinnm
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Bushmaster sells the:

a) Izzy Brake
b) Izzy FH
c) Phantom FH
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:38:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't think I was losing it. I'm only in my 30's....  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top