Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 7:21:29 AM EDT
Is spring set in AR-15 mags fact or ficion? How long can they be left loaded?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Do the springs in your car still hold it off the ground?  Yes?  Mine have been doing it for years.  Springs don't 'set', good ones anyhow.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do the springs in your car still hold it off the ground?  Yes?  Mine have been doing it for years.  Springs don't 'set', good ones anyhow.

The mags I'm getting are from DPMS, do you know if they come with the good springs?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]
i asked this in a post some time ago and got a couple dozen replies that unanimously say

Store loaded mags for years and you are OK

some even offered examples of mags that were loaded during WWII and inserted into weapons and worked perfectly

there is more to be 'learned' from This link

and

also here

good question to which the short answer is that there is no reason not to store mags loaded
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure they are.  You have to get into some really jippo stuff to get lousy springs.  And I've seen those do OK.  I have a cheap .22 auto that's had it's mag loaded for the last five years, except for the few times that I shoot it.  It works fine every time.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
fiction.  keep your mags loaded all you want!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top