Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:52:53 PM EDT
Are these hard plastic like the Tango Down Battlegrip or softer?  How do you like yours?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
They are soft.  I don't really care for them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Cav Arms doesnt make them, they sell them. Most are soft, some colors are hard. IIRC. Mine was black and soft and I traded it away.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya its soft compared to the standard m16 grip but it's a very hard soft. I actually like mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
There's 2 types... SureGrip and RigidGrip or something like that.  The SureGrip one is rubber overmolded VERY MUCH like the Hogue.  The RigidGrip (or whatever it's called) is the plastic version.  I've owned both, and I like the rubber gip better.  The plastic one was a bit slick for me.

Bottom line though, grip is a personal thing... FOR ME PERSONALLY, I like the ErgoGrip better than A2, Hogue, Fobus, and TangoDown.  Your Mileage May DEFINITELY Vary.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bottom line though, grip is a personal thing... Your Mileage May DEFINITELY Vary.

+1. Don't rely on other people's experiences to select a grip for your rifle. FWIW, I've tried a bunch of different types and keep coming back to Hogue.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
When I hold my AR muzzle down one handed and bring it up the edge of the tango grip above the trigger guard bites my hand.  I'm looking for a replacement.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]

When I hold my AR muzzle down one handed and bring it up the edge of the tango grip above the trigger guard bites my hand. I'm looking for a replacement.

If you like the size of the TD, you may not like the larger ErgoGrip.  

With all the money I've spent on grips, I could have afforded the MagPul modular grip and changed weekly as my whims so led me.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Falcon Industries makes any of the colors in either rubber or hard.  These are identical to the CavArms grip, and are probably made in the same machine.

Wait a bit for the Magpul grip.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Falcon Industries makes any of the colors in either rubber or hard.  These are identical to the CavArms grip, and are probably made in the same machine.

No way in hell I'm paying $66 for a grip.

Where can I find Falcon Industries?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, Google.
First hit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the falcon industries rubber grip in O.D. and absolutely LOVE it. Personally, I don't think a grip could fit my hand any better, but everyones hands are a little different. I wish I could fit a couple of AA batteries in the storage compartment but unfortunately it's too narrow and thats the only complaint I have. Another bonus is Falcon's O.D. matches magpuls  m93 stock O.D. almost exactly

I also wouldn't spend 70 bucks on magpuls grip as nice as it may seem. They already have enough of my money from the stock, rail protectors, and dozens of mag shizgigs i've bought from them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The grip is not $66.  The entire package is $66.  Thats for the grip, like 3 or 4 cores, a replacement aluminum trigger guard, probably some grip tape (pre-cut skate board type), and the back and front straps.  Hell, who knows, maybe it'll even have some more stuff in it once Rich gets it to market.  If you already know what you like in a grip as far as texture and dimensions go, wait for the magpul to come out, and buy it with the attachments that you think will best fit you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The grip is not $66.  The entire package is $66.  Thats for the grip, like 3 or 4 cores, a replacement aluminum trigger guard, probably some grip tape (pre-cut skate board type), and the back and front straps.  Hell, who knows, maybe it'll even have some more stuff in it once Rich gets it to market.  If you already know what you like in a grip as far as texture and dimensions go, wait for the magpul to come out, and buy it with the attachments that you think will best fit you.

Good point.  Is the grip hard plastic?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I've handled some of the prototypes.  They are some type of nylon material impregnated with fiberglass, so very similar to the material of the Magpul stock.  Firm like an A2 grip.

-z
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Falcon Industries

That's actually where I bought my 3 from... SUPER nice guys too.  When they first came out with the rubber grip, I e-mailed them about it, and the guy let me swap my USED plastic one for the NEW Rubber one for like $10 shipped!

I think it says somewhere on CavArms website that they make the Ergo Grip "under license" from Falcon Industries.

FI also makes some other neat goodies not on the website or anywhere else except in their catalog, which comes with the grip.  They've got a KAC-ish bipod mount that uses a mil-spec thumb screw (like the A3 carry handle) to mount to a rail.  Very cool.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
the cav arms grip rules.  it's soft in a grippy sort of way.  i also like the TD grip.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#17]
For a larger Ergo styled grip, try World Wide Ordnance.  I have 3 and like them better than others (SPR, TD, Ergo, A1, A2, Hogue, Fobus G27).
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I very much doubt it.  Ask abou the Falcon products in the Cav-Arms section (be sure you're wearing Kevlar at the time).
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I very much doubt it.  Ask abou the Falcon products in the Cav-Arms section (be sure you're wearing Kevlar at the time).

Doesn't Cav Arms (and Magpul for that matter) make ergo grips and VFGs under license from Falcon?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.cavalryarms.com/furniture.html

"Ergo Grips:  Made by Falcon Industries in the USA, the Ergo Grip enhances the feel and handling of the AR15 family of rifles.  The Black grips are made using an non-slip elastomer material.  The colored ergo grips are made from extremely durable glass filled nylon 6 by Cavalry Arms under licensing from Falcon Industries."  

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.cavalryarms.com/furniture.html

"Ergo Grips:  Made by Falcon Industries in the USA, the Ergo Grip enhances the feel and handling of the AR15 family of rifles.  The Black grips are made using an non-slip elastomer material.  The colored ergo grips are made from extremely durable glass filled nylon 6 by Cavalry Arms under licensing from Falcon Industries."  

Darn it I hate going senile.

Sorry guys I was confusing the Falcon with the First Samco/Fobus G27 grip (that is the one that upsets the crew at Cav-Arms).

Carry on.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top