Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 3:07:48 AM EDT
I HAVE A POST BAN HBARII I WANT TO ADD A BAYONET LUG TO THE FRONT SITE DOSE ANYONE KNOW HOW GOOD THE STEEL IS THAT IT IS MADE OF. I WANT TO WELD, BRAZE, OR SILVER SOLDER A LUG TO IT. WILL THE METAL TAKE IT.

BOB
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
For all that trouble a new front site post is not that expensive and a hellava lot easier to change IMO....unless you a pinned and welded over muzzle device.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Kurt's Kustom is doing just that, brazing bayonet lugs on FSBs.  I believe you have to remove the FSB and send it to them, though.  Contact them via the Industry Forum.  I'll warn you that they have a pretty long back log, though.  Sounds like a PITA to me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
THANKS ANY WAY GUYS BUT THEY WERE NOT THE ANSWERS I WANTED. I HAD A BAYO LUG I JUST WANT TO WELD IT ON. I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANY KNEW IF THE METAL WAS WELDABLE OR NOT. SO I TOOK A CHANCE AND JUST DID IT. I HAVE ALL TYPES OF WELD EQUIPMENT OF MY OWN. IT TURN OUT GOOD LOOKS LIKE FACTORY SITE. HERE ARE SOME PIC'S.

http://www.geocities.com/uzi320/AR_PAGE.html

BOB
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top