Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 8:12:22 PM EDT
You know, when the shitheads decide to quit selling ammo to protect us?

Need some shotgun shells and don't wanna waste my time....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
In north TX its 10PM
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
9 pm in Florida
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I missed something, could someone please explain this.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
as soon as it gets dark here in monkey town...

alabama..
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
hey ark the walyworlds in norman and purcell stop selling ammo behind the counter at 10pm because thats when the sporting dept. counter manager with the ffl goes home, but you can still buy shotgun shells that are on the isle shelves,provided you got an id when you get to a register with some clerk that don't like guns.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
In Jersey they never start selling ammo, let alone quit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In Jersey they never start selling ammo, let alone quit.

wow, there must be zero crime in jersey if walmart doesnt sell ammo!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]
10 P.M. in Nebraska.. Well, Omaha anyway...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Not to be alarmed, it's just that Wallyworld doesn't sell ammo at night...  They're not going KMart on us or anything.

I know it's frequently justified, but we are a paranoid, suspicious lot...

My cousin works at WalMart in Birmingham.  He says that their "no ammo at night" policy has nothing to do with the ammo or being "anti gun", but only that they do not employ a full floor staff at night, and none of the departments have "dedicated" salespersons late night.  Since ammo is locked up, and only Sporting Goods employees have the keys, and since they don't have a "Sporting Goods" person at night, no ammo sales after that time.  

He also says it's REALLY because the night crew at WalMart are a bunch of thieving bastards.  They steal anything not locked down, so they aren't trusted with keys to valuables.  

Go to Wallyworld at midnight and try to buy a diamond ring or a car stereo...  You can't.  Same reason...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not to be alarmed, it's just that Wallyworld doesn't sell ammo at night...  They're not going KMart on us or anything.

My cousin works at WalMart in Birmingham.  He says that their "no ammo at night" policy has nothing to do with the ammo or being "anti gun", but only that they do not employ a full floor staff at night, and none of the departments have "dedicated" salespersons late night.  Since ammo is locked up, and only Sporting Goods employees have the keys, and since they don't have a "Sporting Goods" person at night, no ammo sales after that time.  

He also says it's REALLY because the night crew at WalMart are a bunch of thieving bastards.  They steal anything not locked down, so they aren't trusted with keys to valuables.  

Go to Wallyworld at midnight and try to buy a diamond ring or a car stereo...  You can't.  Same reason...

Then why even be a 24hr store?  Damn it, when I buy a Snickers, a DVD, and a Shotgun News at 3:00 AM, I like to load mags too!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You know, when the shitheads decide to quit selling ammo to protect us?

Need some shotgun shells and don't wanna waste my time....

Varies by location...

Around here, they don't sell it  'In Duh Bad Neighborhood'...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#14]
My part of the Sunshine HURRICANE State, its 11PM. Company policy. NOT LOCAL Gov. Policy!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, err, here in Kansas I bought a box of .308 at about 10:30 PM.   It was a 24 hour wal mart.    Not sure the deal, but a previous poster mentioned the fact that the only reason they do it is because night crew doesn't have keys, this is correct.   Between ~11PM and ~7am, they run on skeleton crew; I.E., the only people there to help the customer are the cashiers at the front.

Technically, there should be a manager on hand who should be able to get you what you need, seems like if you made enough of a fuss, they'd get it for you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#16]
As far as I know the 24hr wally world here has no cut off time , and shotgun ammo is
on the shelf . No need to find the sales clerk hiding somewhere in Sporting goods .

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#17]
10:00 pm in Minnesota
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'd go with this... the night crew at my local Wallyworld is a motley bunch of misfits... I wouldn't trust their piss if I was on fire.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:25:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Seems as though it is 10:00 pm here too.

Got in under the wire.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#20]
10:00 pm here in the COUNTRY MUSIC CAPITAL, NASHVILLE.

Honestly the few that are there after 10:pm, I dont think they know how to turn a key much less anything else.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:11:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Wal-Marts in Los Angeles city do not even sell ammo! ( I think its because all ammo purchases in L.A. city require the customer to get finger printed & wal-mart doesnt want to bother with it)

Fortunately stores in L.A. county do sell ammo so i have to leave the city to  get my white box ammo.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:36:47 AM EDT
[#22]
in north houston,tx they stop at 9pm and dont start till 9am

but then some of the walmarts in surrounding areas changed it to 10
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#23]
The Wal*Marts around here have signs that say "No Gun Sales After 10PM".  I had always assumed that must be when NICS shutsdown for the night.  Maybe not?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
( I think its because all ammo purchases in L.A. city require the customer to get finger printed & wal-mart doesnt want to bother with it)

I'm sure everyone in LA feels much safer, now.

As for wally-world, I've bought both .223 and .40 after midnight with no issue.  Maybe I just got lucky or maybe it's because everybody says I look like a cop, but NC might be a little less strict or something.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#25]
WMD= Wal-Mart Distribution
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Shit, I have a hard time finding a clown that has the keys to the ammo...doesn't matter what time it is
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#27]
whats just as bad as the wal marts not selling ammo after 10pm in oklahoma, is that they stop selling beer at 2am and don't unlock the cases till 7am. so it kinda forces you to save the targets from the night before if your going to do any early morning practice.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Here in Tupelo, MS you can get ammo 24/7. It might take a a few minutes to find the guy with the keys but it's hunting season now so shotgun shells and some rifle cartridges are on the shelf.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, Wally-World has to keep a close eye on their midnight shift. I'm midnight shift at the sheriffs office here, and I can tell you, the loss prevention office nails more employees at night  than "customers."  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I work swings, when the deputies leave the range open all night for quals, I usually get a invite, I can goto Wal-Mart at 0300 if I want and buy ammo without any prob's.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#31]
i've bought ammo at all times of night here....i usually have to track down someone who can find someone with a key to their counter so they can get the ammo out for me, but they don't seem to mind too much.

Or I just catch them when they're restocking the ammo counter.....makes it real easy for everyone.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Is this a new thing?

About a year ago I bought 30-30 shells at 11:30pm.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been in Wal marts around here that seemed to have only one person working at the front register at 0300. that's when my then pregnant wife had a craving for something, so yeah, I see why they do this. Most of the Wal marts here don't have ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about ammo/guns anyway. You have to point to a box of ammo and say "UP, UP, next shelf, Over, Over -----THERE!! That's the one!" to get what you want.

GR
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Wal-Marts in Los Angeles city do not even sell ammo! ( I think its because all ammo purchases in L.A. city require the customer to get finger printed & wal-mart doesnt want to bother with it)

Fortunately stores in L.A. county do sell ammo so i have to leave the city to  get my white box ammo.

Jesus Man!!  Move the F out of Stalingrad for cris sake!!!

Thats just pain F'ed up!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#35]
At least you guys can buy ammo at Walmart until approx 9pm. Try doing THAT at your local FFL.
Fuck the Wal Mart bashers. At least they didn't sell out completely like Kmart.
You guys will bitch and moan about everything until NO ONE will sell ammo. How about writing them a letter thanking them for not stopping ammo and gun sales.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]
10:00 PM In McDonough, Georgia www.hkpro.com
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#37]
walmart in utah sells ammo as long as the store is open (most our 24/7) also gun sells are from 9am to 7 pm mon-sat and 9-5 on sun.  during the christmas season NICS is usally stays open later until 9 p.m. in the last couple of months there was a restriction put on the register for firearms sells from the home office cant sell after 7.  so even if NICS is open later this year i don't think walmart will sell them later after 7 in utah.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
as soon as it gets dark here in monkey town...

alabama..

LOL
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Then why even be a 24hr store?  Damn it, when I buy a Snickers, a DVD, and a Shotgun News at 3:00 AM, I like to load mags too!

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#40]
All of our local Walmarts keep the shotgun shells out in the open. A little kid could theoretically grab a box for his dad.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a friend that works at nightimte in Walmart.  I've heard stories about the morons that work that late at night.  I bet as long as they could find the keys, a manager at least, and you'd have ammo at 2 in the morning if you wanted it.
Come on, my brother was a dept. manager at a large clothing store, and  he knew a manager that had to take back a set of snow tires (they never sold snow tires, and the decision came from high up on the corporate ladder).  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top