Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:13:20 PM EDT
a picatiny rail and a weaver rail? I ask because I'm new to this and just picked up a VFG that came with a weaver rail, it was $35 for both. If I like it I would like to change the grip but what will mount on a weaver rail. Everything I see points to a picatiny rail system.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is that a Picatinny rail is a Military standardization of a Weaver rail.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard of a grip that was made for a weaver rail.

There are differences in the height of the rail and I think the depth of the cross slots.  Weaver will usually fit on Pic but can be loose.  Pic generally will not fit on weaver.  It is important  to remember that Pic is a very specific standard while weaver is very 'loose'.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top