Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 11:19:34 AM EDT
http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/34875724.jpg
Still trying to decide which trigger group for this Bushmaster, LMT Crane, TA31, Phantom  YHM-5C2, 1 in 9 H Bar 14.5 inch AR.
Any suggestions from the trigger gurus for a reliable single stage trigger, maybe try the new JP modular or a Chip McCormick? Or just modify the factory trigger?

Many thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun dude.  Where in GA are you?  Drop over to the GA hometown forums once in a while; if you are in the metro Atlanta area, there is a big shoot coming up

As far as the trigger goes, I would stick with the mil-spec one for now unless you are looking to do precision work.  The trigger pull on a stock trigger is kinda rough, but a little time with polishing compound on the bearing surfaces smooths it out quite a bit.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want reliable and single stage the only choice is factory or Accuracy Speaks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you want reliable and single stage the only choice is factory or Accuracy Speaks.

I can't speak to the reliability of the Chip McCormick or the new JP but I will give a BIG +1 to the Accuracy Speaks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
It's nice to see a TA31 where it belongs!

I installed a JP kit and adore it, so I'm willing to bet their module is a winner.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Now that's the tits...

-sc
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the trigger suggestions, guys, I'll probably stay with the "polished" factory one for a while, and check out the Accuracy Speaks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What?    It BELONGS too far above the bore like that?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not too far, it's just right.

The TA31 (along with most ACOGs) is designed to be mounted to the carry handle.  The base is built so you can still access the iron sights - all you have to do is change your cheek weld a quarter-inch or so.  The reticle is calibrated for mounting on the carry handle so there's no hold-over required except for targets really close-in (20 ft.), which need you to aim 4 inches high for pinpoint accuracy.

If you mount one on the flat-top you have to buy BUIS and a QD adapter.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?    It BELONGS too far above the bore like that?  

Yep
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's not too far, it's just right.

The TA31 (along with most ACOGs) is designed to be mounted to the carry handle.  The base is built so you can still access the iron sights - all you have to do is change your cheek weld a quarter-inch or so.  The reticle is calibrated for mounting on the carry handle so there's no hold-over required except for targets really close-in (20 ft.), which need you to aim 4 inches high for pinpoint accuracy.

If you mount one on the flat-top you have to buy BUIS and a QD adapter.

Sorry, rule of thumb I've always heard is the closer you keep your sights (optics or irons) to the bore the better.  Why would that be?  Was I mis-informed?   Otherwise, why did the military bother with flat tops?  Hmmmmmm ??????
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is better on the reciever.  Your hold over on close range shots would be rediculous...and lets not even talk about dropping down to the irons.  Actually TRY that at 10 yards and see how fast it is with the ACOG blocking off most of the sight channel.

The holdover at close range is 4 inches.  I know that because I train with my TA31 at close range in making eye shots, not merely head shots.  Dropping down to the irons is easy, certainly no harder than ripping an ACOG off a flat-top and deploying BUIS.  It's all a matter of practise.

Anyway, this has been hashed out about a million times on the Optics board.  I'll stop now.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top