Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 4:45:48 AM EDT
i wanted to know what to do about gunk building up between the muzzle and the flat of the flash hider.

i was cleaning my bushmaster superlight with an a2 flash hider today and noticed carbon build up on the crown of the muzzle right behind the flash hider.

i just want to know if it is worth the trouble to try and clean it off.

is this carbon build up gonna cause any problems in the future?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#1]
it's pretty much self cleaning, it will not pose any problems
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I once used a jag to clean the bore and the patch got caught in this same area. I think it might be an area of exposed threads. What a bitch to get that thing out. No jag for me anymore.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it's pretty much self cleaning, it will not pose any problems

this is what i was thinking too.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I once used a jag to clean the bore and the patch got caught in this same area. I think it might be an area of exposed threads. What a bitch to get that thing out. No jag for me anymore.

yeah i was looking at it thinking it would be a b**%h to clean in that area
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top