Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 9:02:50 AM EDT
You know the one where it fits through the little hole in the a2 carry handle, what is the best one to get to mount a scope on?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
what is the best one to get to mount a scope on?

Buy a scope meant for the carry handle like a Compact ACOG or the Colt 3x or 4x scopes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you provide me a link? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to www.cheaperthandirt.com they have several carry handle/ Picatinny rail conversions that will mount any scope, laser flashlight etc. you want. I have a two level tactical mount that seems to index right back to 100 meter zero after removing and reinstalling several times. hy.gif

Good luck,

DuxRus
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the one that is longer and hangs over the front of the carry handle.  I think it is a Leatherwood brand.  The downside is that you can not see thru this mount but it is easy to remove.  Retains zero pretty good.  And it will let you mount a long scope (not compact).  I plan on getting a forward of the carry handle, "scout" type of mount to attach a red dot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both the Smith Enterprose Tatical and the ARMS, they are the best IMHO.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Arms #2
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
What is an Arms #2 and where can I find one? Thx.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
WHy not buy a propper flat top upper instead?  Its not expensive and easy to swap out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#9]
ARMS Homepage

ARMS #2

ARMS #2 Extended

I just bought an A2 and got the ARMS #2 but I don't intend to use the scope often.  There are knock offs available but the ones I found all had some sort of imperfection to them like flaking finishes or odd grinds.  Do you already have an A2 upper?  If you plan to use the scope a lot I'd suggest getting a flat top but if you already have the A2 there are cheek pieces available to make it more comfortable to use the scope on the carry handle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top