Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 7:23:59 AM EDT
Bare in mind also an alarming percentage of those entering the military have no weapons handling experience?  The XM8 will be a simpler system to learn.  Their is probably few things more irritating than trying to teach a moron how to use iron sights the point sight is simpler.  What would worry me are 1.  the point sight beaking and the recruit not being effective with iron sights  2.  The rifle is made of plastic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Huh?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Say again, in English?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
What he is saying the markmanship training will be simplier with the XM8 over the M16 series.

And I disagree.

Odds are the NCOs will teach with the backup iron sights.  The reason being why have the sight if you don't know how to use them, and the NCOs will be 'old school' meaning they wont trust the dot sights.

Even now people going through training on M16A4s are using the irons instead of the M68 CCOs.

The tankers also spend time training on the 'backup' systems in case the whiz bang computers go down.

So I don't think training will be any easier.  Marksmanship scores may go up if they let the trainees use the red-dots to qualify.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahh, well, he's apparently never gone through Marine Corps marksmanship training.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Forest, thanks for translating
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top