Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 12:39:34 PM EDT
I'm sure that this has been asked already and I apologize if it  has.  The one search per minute feature makes searching a little difficult.  I have a RRA  "post-ban" with a 16" barrel.  The fake muzzle break isn't extended beyond the barrel.  Is this fake muzzle break pressed on or threaded and pined?  And what does it take to remove it.  I would like to remove the fake muzzle break and install an actual flash suppersor now that the AWB is no longer existent.  I went to a local gunsmith and he was talking about removing the handguards, gas tube, front site,... cutting the barrel and threading it.  He estimated the cost to be about $125 for the labor plus the cost of the flash suppressor.  Seemed a little excessive to me.  I was under the impression the RRA is pressed on,.. tap it off and thread the barrel.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.  -Kevin
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Post this question at this link and they will answer all your questions:

jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=130

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=184758

Send it to LRT, I know the man and I'm 99% sure that it'll be less than 1/2 the price you were quoted shipped.  Have it cut to 14.5" and rethreaded when you get it back have a Vortex or Phantom permanetly attached.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got my 2 uppers today from ADCO.  It cost me $64.00 on the treading with a A2 FH installed.  They did a great job on mine and took a week and half door to door.  Highly recommended.

556man
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top