Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 8:38:28 PM EDT
Also, the HBAR is a $50 upgrade, and will continue to be available to civillians once the current inventory is depleated.  The only difference is the barrel which weighs .3 lbs more and nothing else
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
According to whom?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
According to whom?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
According to whom?

yea
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
He must have read it somewhere on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:48:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He must have read it somewhere on the internet.

So its gotta be true
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:03:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Also according to the guy who can't spell depleted correctly
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Marked for later
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Colt doesn't want the civilian market to be flooded with their rifles that say "For LE/MIL Use Only

Suggestion for your 'friend'. Its a simple solution: START MAKING THEM NOW.

Like, that would be pretty hard eh? Just omit the LEO/MIL engraving step.

Colt sure has some geniuses working for them.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Colt doesn't want the civilian market to be flooded with their rifles that say "For LE/MIL Use Only

Suggestion for your 'friend'. Its a simple solution: START MAKING THEM NOW.

Like, that would be pretty hard eh? Just omit the LEO/MIL engraving step.

Colt sure has some geniuses working for them.

JLM:

Colt has 2 things that are preventing this:

1) Strong brand identity

-and-

2) A stock of neutered rifles

Because of this, they are trying to force folks who want a 'Colt' to buy MatchTarget rifles, which wouldn't sell if the 'no-ban' guns were available....

Expect to see 'no-ban' guns about the same time Colt sells down their last MatchTarget...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Dave, I understand your point totally about their old stock.

The thing is thou, I don't think those Match Targets are going to go very quickly, if at all, considering what's available from other vendors. Who wants to buy a neutered rifle, now that you don't have to?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The thing is thou, I don't think those Match Targets are going to go very quickly, if at all, considering what's available from other vendors. Who wants to buy a neutered rifle, now that you don't have to?

People in New York and Commiefornia?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People in New York and Commiefornia?

New York maybe - but you can't buy any AR with a detachable magazine in CA.

*Edited to fix spelling*
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
According to the guy with 4 posts.

That was funny.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Also, the HBAR is a $50 upgrade

Let's see, for just $50 more they won't do the barrel machining and let you [sarcasm]upgrade[/sarcasm] to an HBAR?

Bend over boys! Pay your extra 50 and get a boat oar from Colt.

Better yet, SCREW COLT!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#18]
One more thing.

Please Colt, Pleeeease put a sear block, unspec fire control pins, a plastic trapdoor, a plastic buffer, an unlined barrel and a large front pivot pin in the "mere civilian" version.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
One more thing.

Please Colt, Pleeeease put a sear block, unspec fire control pins, a plastic trapdoor, a plastic buffer, an unlined barrel and a large front pivot pin in the "mere civilian" version.

Shhhhh they may take you up on the idea.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
One more thing.

Now you did it... I can already hear the Colt rabid stirring and rousing, ready to crawl out from under their rocks and pounce on your post...

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#22]
If they were releasing them without LE markings, wouldn't that make the current supply be more, not less coveted?  

Maybe he's right: Colt might want to get rid of all of these - and only to LE/Military orgs - to cover their gold-plated asses as per usual, but the logic behind this thread's title still escapes me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Now you're talking nonsense.  Be gone.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they were releasing them without LE markings, wouldn't that make the current supply be more, not less coveted?  

Maybe he's right: Colt might want to get rid of all of these - and only to LE/Military orgs - to cover their gold-plated asses as per usual, but the logic behind this thread's title still escapes me.

You are correct - The ones with the LE markings will be more coveted by the true Colt enthusiasts and collectors.  If you are not one of them, take the chance and put yourself on one of those backorder / wait lists.  See what you get?!?!?!  Maybe nothing, if the AWB goes back into effect before your rifle arrives.   I've seen them selling for as much as $2500 already, so if you're a collector, I'd jump on one of those now.  Otherwise, buy what you can find NOW.  You never know what or when will come out, and if and when it will be befoe another ban takes place.  Good luck!

Sounds like someone who has one to sell...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct - The ones with the LE markings will be more coveted by the true Colt enthusiasts and collectors.  If you are not one of them, take the chance and put yourself on one of those backorder / wait lists.  See what you get?!?!?!  Maybe nothing, if the AWB goes back into effect before your rifle arrives.   I've seen them selling for as much as $2500 already, so if you're a collector, I'd jump on one of those now.  Otherwise, buy what you can find NOW.  You never know what or when will come out, and if and when it will be befoe another ban takes place.  Good luck!

Sounds like someone who has one to sell...

Thank god I go after practicality and not collector/name bran shit...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#27]
The guy talks about the ban coming back while people are waiting for their orders as if another ban could be enacted in a matter of weeks when the one on the books couldn't get out of f*cking committee to be renewed!

This is what I hate about the Internet: they let anybody in.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
One more thing.

I've got some bad news for you.... the "LE Only" semi-auto guns have the sear block, the "unspec firecontrol pins", and the completely cut-through bolt carrier.  This crap was part of a new Colt LE6921 with 14.5" barrel I just examined.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#29]
No doubt...Colt is junk.  Nobody wants 'em--right?  Ha!  What a bunch of smack talk around here.  
Colt products (AR rifles included) have ALWAYS commanded a premium.  Their resale value speaks for itself.  The vendors on this forum have a mile-long wait list for LE rifles.  
I have owned 3 Colt AR15 rifles, including an SP1 purchased new approx 1980 (no longer have...stupid to let it go), a LW Sporter, and last week purchased a new LE AR6721 from Ameetec Arms.  The rifle is awesome.  Spent both days last weekend in the mountains shooting it, along with one of my Colt Series 70  .45ACP handguns.  Both weapons functioned perfectly.
I might add that my SP1 appreciated way beyond what I paid for it, notwithstanding having shot countless rounds through it and showing the wear from going on many adventures.
Bash Colt if you must...I'm gonna shoot mine!
I'll add that when the ban lifted, I scrambled to locate a Colt LE rifle right away.  I did not hesitate at the $1050.00 price from Ameetec.  Colt is unpredictable, and I knew I wanted the AR15-A3 6721 carbine.  I was not going to wait to see what Colt was going to do.
Colt politics are a sore subject...that I think we can all agree on.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#30]
If I were a betting man I would put my money on very few of the countless thousands of back ordered LE models Colts ever finding their way into civilian hands.

I expect to see non LE marked Colts making their way to market after the new year.

No insider information here. just my speculation on things.

In all honesty .... I hope I am wrong and the markets are flooded w/ LE Colts - non marked Colts etc. Which will tip the supply & demand scales in our favor ( as buyers ). Obviously the scale is tipped in the manufacturers - dealers favor w/ limited supplies and high demand.

I already recieved my 2 Colt LE6920's and am very happy w/ the price I paid and the weapon in general.

It would be nice if everyone who has been waiting all these years had immediate access to the rifles of their choosing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One more thing.

I've got some bad news for you.... the "LE Only" semi-auto guns have the sear block, the "unspec firecontrol pins", and the completely cut-through bolt carrier.  This crap was part of a new Colt LE6921 with 14.5" barrel I just examined.

I think he was being extremely sarcastic...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
No doubt...Colt is junk.  Nobody wants 'em--right?  Ha!  What a bunch of smack talk around here.  
Colt products (AR rifles included) have ALWAYS commanded a premium.  Their resale value speaks for itself.  The vendors on this forum have a mile-long wait list for LE rifles.  
I have owned 3 Colt AR15 rifles, including an SP1 purchased new approx 1980 (no longer have...stupid to let it go), a LW Sporter, and last week purchased a new LE AR6721 from Ameetec Arms.  The rifle is awesome.  Spent both days last weekend in the mountains shooting it, along with one of my Colt Series 70  .45ACP handguns.  Both weapons functioned perfectly.
I might add that my SP1 appreciated way beyond what I paid for it, notwithstanding having shot countless rounds through it and showing the wear from going on many adventures.
Bash Colt if you must...I'm gonna shoot mine!
I'll add that when the ban lifted, I scrambled to locate a Colt LE rifle right away.  I did not hesitate at the $1050.00 price from Ameetec.  Colt is unpredictable, and I knew I wanted the AR15-A3 6721 carbine.  I was not going to wait to see what Colt was going to do.
Colt politics are a sore subject...that I think we can all agree on.

Jim

Colts don't deserver the premium people pay. They are good rifles, but I found a 9mm Colt Sporter 4 years ago
in the middle of the ban for 800.00 in very good condition with 2 30rd mags staring with Serial # NA.
Guess you found a sucker for yours,
good for you. Or maybe that's cause you're in liberal WA.

Anyway, enjoy shooting, don't forget to brush.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Colts don't deserver the premium people pay. They are good rifles, but I found a 9mm Colt Sporter 4 years ago
in the middle of the ban for 800.00 in very good condition with 2 30rd mags staring with Serial # NA.
Guess you found a sucker for yours,
good for you. Or maybe that's cause you're in liberal WA.

Anyway, enjoy shooting, don't forget to brush.

Colts have some of the highest resale value of any AR's past - present & future.

case in point:

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=22972321

Believe what you will , but the facts speak for themselves.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I can't believe the price that guy paid!  $2062 for a NIB Colt 6920?  I paid $925 for mine...delivered!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Colts have some of the highest resale value of any AR's past - present & future.

case in point:

PT Barnum said" There's a sucker born every minute" I think this applies in this case.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

case in point:

PT Barnum said" There's a sucker born every minute" I think this applies in this case.

Partly true.

The buyers shelling out those insane prices for the highly sought after LE ( law enforcement ) firearms fall into 2 categories:

1.  suckers / uninformed buyers
2.  firearm afficienados whom have fairly deep pockets and do not blink an eye at peeling out $2k

Your average Joe is stuck waiting on a list in hopes of nabbing one before the rules of engagement change and possibly they are no longer available.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm waiting for the sucker to snatch up this piece....

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=23414444
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#42]

If Kerry gets elected, we'll be screwed.  He will most definitely sign an executive order to reinstate the ban, or create a new one.  He's been very clear on this issue.  What I was suggesting is that you will sooner see the ban again before any more colt LE marked rifles hitting the civilian market.  

Any new ban will take an act of Congress, Executive order can't do it. If he could have Clinton would have signed an EO instead of ramming a ban through Congress. I don't think EO's can outlaw anything, but can be used to decide what can be imported, etc., among other things.  But if Kerry does get elected, don't be surprised to see him starting to twist arms in Congress for another ban.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
According to the guy with 4 posts.

Thought about that as well.......................

but who says you need 1,000's of posts on ARFCOM to be an authority?

or that those it the know, even post here at all?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One more thing.

Ditto, my LE6920 has the block. It is about 2 years old now.

PS. Can you post some decent close up pics or links to pics of the LE6921 w/14.5" bbl if possible?

Thx.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought my LE6920 for $1100 and its my first-ever rifle, and its actually in my possession, not waiting........oh yeah im 19. So does that mean I am young and dumb? I guess I could have bought a civvie-6400C for $979.......but whats the fun in that?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top